Chaos Ironclad Dreadnought

I've been thinking about getting a dreadnought for a while and recently saw the new Ironclad Dreadnought. I don't really want to spend the extra 15 bucks on a chaos one I also really like the look of it. So I was wondering if i could do some small conversions and just use this dreadnought instead.

hell i think its a brilliant idea. in fact i use several kits for my 4 dreads, space wolf ven dread, furioso, plastic dread, and chaos. add in the right bits and it will look awesome man.

I swear to this day the only reason the Chaos Dreadnaught stayed stuck with those horrendous rules is because GW couldn't make a new one in time for release.

Go for it. There's no need to spend big bucks on that old school chunk of toaster if you don't want to.

Its what I'd do, especially since the dual DCCW is the safest way of using a Dread. It also helps that the Ironclad looks slightly different then a normal Dreadnought, being more bulky and such.

I had thought about trying to convert the Hurricane Bolter into a "count as" TL Heavy Bolter, but not quite sure yet.

If you've bought even 1 chaos rino you have more spikey bits then you know what to do with. Just add a few of those, shave off any Imperial markings and you should be good to go.

If you want to get alittle more into it you could break out the GS and get a few WHFB bits (a dragon arm used to cost @ $3 US, do they still do bits like that ?) and GS it into the dread (please no tenticles :( )

Would not be hard to make a iron clad dread a chaos dread.

I've been thinking about getting a dreadnought for a while and recently saw the new Ironclad Dreadnought. I don't really want to spend the extra 15 bucks on a chaos one I also really like the look of it. So I was wondering if i could do some small conversions and just use this dreadnought instead.

I'll also be doing this if I go through with a small 1000pts Bezerker army, having my Dreadnought arm with two Close Combat arms.

It is a really nice models & be a shame not turn convert a chaos one :wallbash:

IP

Archived