Pre heresy Thousand Son

Here is my version of a pre heresy thousand son. I know about the aquila on the back, I just spent so long on the front that I forgot about it :wallbash:. C+C appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Salamanderdarkelf

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu195/Freddead/DSCN8386.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu195/Freddead/DSCN8387.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu195/Freddead/DSCN8381.jpg

p.s I changed the blue, it is now a tanned face

Cool model. I like the red, and the staff.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but psykers were hunted before the heresy, as in they were not allowed to live. But otherwise, cool model.

Yes, Psykers were outlawed, but the Thousand Sons had psykers anyway.

Ummmm not to be spoilt sport either but the Crux Terminus didn't exist either pre-heresy as the peices of the Emperors armour were put in it some time aroudn when he was interred in the golden throne. But fluff aside it is a wonderful peice and I am sure everyone would like to see more. Good work!

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but psykers were hunted before the heresy, as in they were not allowed to live. But otherwise, cool model.

Psykers were taken in the Black Ships by the Sisters of Silence. Also there was an agreement signed by the Primarchs and the Emperor allowing TH to train Libbies for other chapters.

Very nice deep red color. Where did you get the snake piece for the staff?

Psykers were outlawed in Pre-Heresy Imperium, and still are. They were hunted by the black ships back then.... and still are! But that didn't mean that psykers didn't exist and weren't used. The Navis Nobilite existed back then, Astropaths were used, and the Astartes had psykers in their ranks, who usually had some kind of significant job in the chapter, if not strictly a librarian. Information about pre-heresy Astartes psykers is very limited, but according to Fallen Angels the Dark Angels had "Librarians", the senior Librarian a the time hailing from Terra itself and fully sanctioned by the Emperor as part of the Astartes.

The Thousand Sons level of practicing psychic witchcraft was forbidden by the Emperor, as they practiced the craft well beyond the sanctioned levels, and much of their work in the field was done secretly by Magnus and his legion, behind the back of the Emperor - until the Emperor sent the Space Wolves to (try to) sort them out.

I personally don't see much pre-heresy on it other than the paint job, sorry.

TDA was different looking pre-heresy, so it nirks me to see modern TDA used thus. However, it still is a beautiful model, though it could use a bit more 'egyptian' feel. TBH I think you could have done better with just the spear arm and making your own the rest of the way, you have the talent and patience.

His face was blue after a failed (but reasonable) attempt at directional lighting, which was coming from his open palm.

Oh. That's pretty cool. At least you gave it a shot, man! That's the important thing. Still think it looks great!

Archived