Idea

Recently a new sentinel has come into my posession, and a new army concept sprang up.

Iron Knights (name in progress)

Basically a space marine bike army, with all its bikes represented by sentinel mounted space marine "knights".

Im thinking either:

1. the Marines ride in them in a similar way to the guard now.

2. I only put in the seat and the marines ride in a similar way to an eldar war walker.

3. I construct a platform for the marine to stand atop (chariot like)

4. I fuse the marine to the vehicle (iron hand esque)

5. I use a marine biker model and the sentinel and have the bike aloft, with back wheels replaced by the sentinel, and its front by some kind of targeting/intelegence aray, with the marine riding upon it in the standard way.

Thoughts ideas?

Will post picks once a good idea grabs me.

hmm this actually sounds like a cool idea

you could make them very star wars walker esk, like the clone walkers... hmmm what are they called again?

oh yeah thats right: An AT-RT

that would be a cool bike stand in army

i think idea 5 could work out if you shortened the bike a bit and lengthened the armor front to be guarding their chest

How about this: You choose a more common approach and give me, say, 50% of the money I hereby helped you save?

I can imagine 1, 2 and 4 working if executed skillful. 5 would look stupid, 3 would be possible but doesn't feel right to me. I, personally, if I was that rich, bored and uncaring of the consequences this would have on my army's interaction with TLOS would choose an approach between 2 and 4, the Marines beeing hard-wired into their vehicles but in a position like in the War Walker. A little bit like the Penitent Engines.

I would also steer clear of Marines as pilots. I'd go more into the direction of Servitors. Makes more sense fluffwise and would look cooler, too. IMHO....

Archived