Terminator Question

Lednera

How if in any way or form can I get 6 land raiders into a list in 5th edition?

Play Chaos: 3 as heavy support, 3 as dedicated transports on elites

Play Black Templar: 6 as dedicated transports on troops, 3 as heavy support. Maybe even more as dedicated transports on elites and HQ

I think vanilla marines can only get 5?

Inquisitor as an ally also gets one as a dedicated transport (though not grey knights for some reason, even though they have land raiders)

You could, IIRC, run one Tac Squad as an allied BT Crusader squad and I think take an LR as a dedicated transport... maybe?

Inquisitor as an ally also gets one as a dedicated transport (though not grey knights for some reason, even though they have land raiders)

You could, IIRC, run one Tac Squad as an allied BT Crusader squad and I think take an LR as a dedicated transport... maybe?

BT squads cant be allied into C:SM forces.... sorry.

As for your first question- no. Because it says that a given terminator may only choose one of the three heavy weapon options in the unit entry.

if its apocalypse, then yes you can ally anything, if it's just a large normal game, then no you can't.

Why not? C:WH and C:DH doesnt say anything about it... as long as he doesnt try to get any IG or SoB in there he should be just fine.

um actually you are all wrong yes in a 10 man squad 1 guy can have both weapons

it's just not a clever idea as 1 failed svae and you lose both your weapons

on the 6 Raiders you would have to ally with DH or WH to get the 6th as only 1 type of each terminator squad can take a dedicated transport

hope that helps

Athiair :D

um actually you are all wrong yes in a 10 man squad 1 guy can have both weapons

it's just not a clever idea as 1 failed svae and you lose both your weapons

on the 6 Raiders you would have to ally with DH or WH to get the 6th as only 1 type of each terminator squad can take a dedicated transport

hope that helps

Athiair :D

No... your wrong- and I quote:

Pg 136, CSM:

For every five models in the squad, one Terminator may choose one of the following options:

Emphasis mine. A given terminator can only choose one option... that is all.

you could do it, but you would need two different sm armies with a hq and two troops in each army, then you would have six heavy choices and 4 hq choices.

Why? He plays an Deathwing force... allies in the Inquisitors... wheres the other SM army?

slightly different question... can u have a Cyclon launcher on a terminator Assult marine with twin lightning claws?

No. (unless you are playing Dark Angels.)

I'll adress the land raider issue by codex-

C: DH each inquisitor and inquisitor lord can select a land raider as a dedicated transport in addition they can select 3 from The heavy support slots. for a grad total of 8 (if you have a largeenough points game).

A single DH inquisitor or inquisitor lord may be selected with a land raider dedicated transport as an ally for an imperial force not from theparent DH list.-IG, WH, SMs etc..

C: SM

Space marines can take 3 LRs as heavy support options as well as a single dedicated transport for each type of terminator unit.( assault or shooty). for a total of 5.

C: BT

The black templar can take a LR(usually crusader) as a dedicated transport for every single troop slot and heavies.......so up to 9 at least.

C: DA

This is a bit of a change, back when DW was it's own stand alone army it had the option of taking LRs as transports but the new dex changed the rules and the fluff and they can only fill the 3 heavy slots now.

If your group is using FW units the variant LR pattern prometheus can be taken as a tranpsort for terminator squads, command squads and honor guards for all marine armies.

That is a good summary mughi3.

However, looking at C:BT right now it would appear that in addition to the 3 heavy support slots and the 6 troop slots (as a dedicated transport), the Black Templars can also take a further 5 Land Raider Crusaders.

This is through them being a dedicated transport for their Command Squads (standard or Terminator) (for +2 LRCs), and also as a transport for their Terminator Squads in the Elites section, for +3 LRCs. So in total a Black Templar army under a standard force organisation chart can field 14 Land Raiders, 11 of which must be the Crusader pattern.

Quite scary, although that would have to such a big game you might as well be playing Apocalypse.

2000 Points (suggested for 2500+ though)

3 Elites:

3 Chaos Terminators+Land Raider

++DELETED POINTS COSTS++

3 Heavy Support:

3 Land Raiders = ++DELETED POINTS COSTS++

1590+whatever HQ and troops you want. Other lists for 6 LR's bend to 2500 minimum due to extra terminators, 3000 if you want a trustworthy supply of scoring models, black templars are perhaps the closer if not better. (I dont have the BT codex on me)

Chaos/BT is your best bet for smaller games.

In the new C:SM you can only have one of each type of Terminator squad? Could you not field all 3 elite slots with Termie squads, all with LR dedicated transports, then take 3 more LR as the heavy support choices? That would be a total of 6. I play DA so I'm not too sure what the new SM dex says.

In the new C:SM you can only have one of each type of Terminator squad? Could you not field all 3 elite slots with Termie squads, all with LR dedicated transports, then take 3 more LR as the heavy support choices? That would be a total of 6. I play DA so I'm not too sure what the new SM dex says.

No. You can have 3 terminar squads, but only one of each type can have a dedicated transport in the new marine dex.

We covered quite a bit of ground in this thread regarding Land Raider Spam:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=172388

In Post# 21, I listed each army with their max number of LR's at the lowest possible army points total in one FOC and no allies (sorry, I don't have the Dark Angles codex, so while they are missing from the list, I guess they only get 3 LR's so its a moot point).

In summery, DH could have 7 LR's (lowest cost per LR), CSM could have 6, WH could have 4, BT could have 14 (highest count), BA could have 3 (cheapest army), SM could have 5, and SW could have 8 (highest cost per LR). If you add in DH or WH allies to any of the lists they can legally ally with, the numbers are as such:

BT = 15 (+1 HQ w/ dedicated LR)

BA/DA = 6 (+1 HQ, +2 Elite, ea. w/ dedicated LR)

SM = 7 (+1 HQ, +1 Elite, ea. w/ dedicated LR)

SW = due to their weirld HQ rules, I'm not sure if you can ally in an HQ unit. If so, then 11; if not, then 10

SJ

*edited for spelling

Archived