Need to choose unit

Custodian Athiair

Basically big Apocalypse game coming (complicated rules wont go into them)

it's against Chaos Space Marines and Deamons

basically i need to choose between taking a Dreadnought (with Multi-melta and DCCW)

or another 5 men in the Devastator Squad (giving them wounds) and giving as many vehicles HKM

because the chaos guy is going field a Hellhammer

so far for anti tank (this will be the only tank he fields but he does have a LoC) i have

Razorback with TLLC

1 Pred with TLLC (but has Heavy Bolters)

Dev Squad with Lascannons and Missile Launchers

Dreadnought with Lascannon and Missile Launcher

Some Multi-meltas and Meltaguns here and there (Vulkan is included in the list)

And some chainfists

so which do you think

i am defending a wall but my plan is to advance towards the chaos forces in a spearhead assault while having a small fire base shooting at some other things

thanks

Athiair :D

Sounds like you have enough enough anti-tank in the army without adding in another multi-melta. However, adding in a MM Dreadnought with Vulkan in the list is tempting.

Is your Devastator Squad a 5 man squad with 4 heavy weapons? If it is I'd go for the extra bodies in the squad, as in an Apoc game it can possibly be assumed that the Dreadnought and a 5 man squad could be destroyed easily. So I'd suggest the extra bodies and hunter-killer missiles.

Agreed. The extra bodies combined with a cover save (you ARE putting the Dev squad in cover right?) will greatly increase their apparent threat level. This may pull critical fire from other units. Where you lighter on anti-armor, I'd suggest the Dread with a Drop Pod. But you seem to need staying power more than hitting power.

Archived