Space Wolves

Rob_Loken

Hello there everyone, so routing through the bits box the other day and found some Space Wolf parts and I thought to myself 'While I'm waiting for the last bits of my Codex Marine force to arrive I may aswell paint these'. So they have no gaming purpose in mind just painted for fun.

gallery_25147_957_12899.jpg

gallery_25147_957_138450.jpg

gallery_25147_957_49677.jpg

gallery_25147_957_34303.jpg

gallery_25147_957_9101.jpg

Wow, I really like the tone of gray you've got there. Especially on the one with the poweraxe. Good work

Could I beg for help with how you achieved this?

It looks like Shadow Grey working up to Space Wolves Grey then to Ghostly Grey, but what were the ratios? Thanks!

-J

Hi there, cheers for the replies. The grey is Adeptus Battle Grey washed over with Badab Black, after this is dried drybrush Adeptus Battle Grey over the model. It's basically cheating at black lining. For highlighting I hit the edges with Codex Grey whilst adding Skull White to the mix. I'm no good with ratios, I normally just dip my brush in to each pot and mix on my table. :P Hope this helps.

Cheers fellows. I have new pics. The last Blood Claw in this group I need to touch up a few things. The yellow shoulder pad for one. And the Chainsword needs a red cover. And some free hand is needed. Oh and he needs a base. Apart from that though... :tu: Once I get them all done I guess I'll pop 'em in the old Hall of Honour. Any way lets wrap this up before I start to ramble.

gallery_25147_957_112861.jpg

Heh heh, maybe I'll pop in sometime for a cheeky ale. :D

I finished up the squad and they can now be viewed in the HoH. Here is the finished model from the above post and some work on another Wolf. Using the indespensable Marauder horseman sprue and what's left of my Wolf bitz.

gallery_25147_957_20448.jpg

gallery_25147_957_15080.jpg

Hi Eberious with the marauder heads I tend to shave the neck do a bit to stop them all looking up. I also clip off the bottom of the marine helmets and stick them onto them so that they don't sit to low. I'm sure if you just got some green stuff and made a little blob that would work, but I don't have green stuff so that's how I do it.

Archived