MM AB or LC sponson pred?

angry man

i have me a list that seems to perform quite well, but i think it needs more AT. so i dropped an upgrade or two and trimmed a few sqads and have 130pts to spare. i bought a pred, with the intention of having it with lascannon sponsons, but have since thought about taking 2 MM AB instead. the reason i like the pred is that i already take 2 vinicators and a line of high armour value tanks would seem quite intimidating. however, the 2 AB may be more effective as i have 2 rhinos so they will have sufficient cover.

so, given the circumstances, which is the 'better' AT choice?

thanks

AM

Personally, I prefer the attack bikes. They're fast, can move and shoot, and within 12 inches far better at hurting tanks than a lascannon.

Meanwhile, the predator can't move if it wants to fire more than one lascannon.

MM ABs are better for anti-tank. Autocannon/Lascannon Preds do two things well: knock wounds off MCs and pop light (<AV11) transports before they get their cargo into position. Otherwise you're better off with the MMs.

One of my favourite and most effective support combinations is two vindicators and two MM attack bikes - between this lot you can deal with just about anything that is thrown at you. In addition, if you have just a line of tanks, it will make you army pretty one dimensional and easy to deal with for certain opponents (railgun heavy tau for example).

Predators are also overated IMHO.

One thing you might consider is a Predator with TLLC and HB sponsons- it gives you the reach out and touch somebody of a highly accurate lascannon *rerolling 3+ is better than a 2+* and the option for antihorde shooting- and happens to be exactly 130pts.

Two attack bikes is the more flexable choice... and I highly reccommend them as an optional unit to have around.

Archived