Valkyrie Missiles

Cavalier

Hey guys.

With the new Guard dex out, and as a TO, I was questioned about the Valkyrie's standard missiles. One school of thought in this area was that it used a large blast template, as it is an Ordnance weapon and pg. 58 in the big book lists that all ordnance weapons use the large blast template unless otherwise noted. I'm of the opinion that since it does not specify a large blast template, whereas all other Guard ordnance does, it simply gets 2d6 take the highest against armor. And you also get to roll to hit, joy.

This stems from my belief that a pair of those missiles, base, are pretty powerful and upgrading them to continued large blast bolters wouldn't cost what it does to upgrade them. My belief is further supported, in my opinion, that the vulture can upgrade/swap/downgrade its TL-LC for other one-shot missiles for free.

I'd appreciate some thoughts on this.

No.

Ordnance only, NO blast (so 2d6 pick the highest for armour penetration). They are simply a better armour piercing hunter killer.

Ordnance BLAST weapons use the large blast marker. No blast=no blast.

If they're Ordnance that would mean that in addition to their armour piercing abilities no other weapons may be fired in the same shooting phase, right? Can two ordnance weapons be fired in the same turn, or just one at a time?

as it is an Ordnance weapon and pg. 58 in the big book lists that all ordnance weapons use the large blast template unless otherwise noted.

You misread, Ordnance BARAGE weapons are large blast unless mentioned otherwise. Regulare Ordnance are just reagulare guns useing BS to hit and the such.

Minor correction for clarity, as *that* is much more specific than what the rule says.

Ordnance blast weapons use the large blast unless otherwise specified. Ord. Barrage, is a much more speficic kind of weapon type, that does not include other kinds of Ord. Blast weapons.

Speaking of ordnance weapons, can the Monolith use the power matrix to fire the particle whip AND use it's gauss flux arc in the same turn? The unusual way in which both work has led to my Necron opponent arguing that this is viable.

EDIT: Ignore this, answered myself from the Necron FAQ (no they can't fire together, in case anyone was wondering).

Archived