Null Zone vs Fortune.

Ok, I run a Libby with Null zone who runs around with a group of Grey Knights. They are motly for fighting daemons but are also really good at taking down my buddy's Harliquins. Recently he started running a farseer that has fortune with them. This has proved to cause an odd set of circumstances. Which power works, and how do we resolved the rolls.

Do you roll all the saves, and then just roll them all again? Since you have to reroll success and failures and seeing as how you only get one reroll. Or is it one reroll per ability? I am pretty confused on how this would work.

Since the initial invulnerable saves roll would not count (as you would have to re-roll failed saves as well as the ones that passed) you can simply skip it (declaring that ou do so to your opponent) and proceed the actual counting roll. The two powers effectively cancel each other out.

Both win. You'd reroll all successes and failures. In other words, if you want to play by the rules, you'd roll all saves twice. Easy, quick, no problems.

If you want to make a house rule, you can say they "cancel each other out" and play that way. However, only do one version or another during a game. If you count the first roll as the second the first time (sounds like being a bad sports to me anyway) then you must do so the entire game. Switching to rolling twice (say the first roll wasn't so good) in later events would definitely be bad sports and should not be done. Like Legatus said, agree with your opponent before the game starts how you'll do it.

However, this was already covered previously. Using the search function would've brought up this lengthy thread. Ha, it's even titled exactly the same.

Archived