DA Codex and SM Codex

Sunwell

Greetings,

I have a few questions in regards to the said codexes

1) Assault marines in DA are 125 points but are only 100 points in SM; if I field a DA army will I have to spend 125 points? Same thing for example with a chappy w/ JP - in DA codex its 20 points, in SM codex it's only 15 points.

2) I keep on reading that Razorbacks can now transport 10 marines in these forums but the SM codex still only says 6, where does it say that we can transport 10?

3) Do DA Librarians have access to the psychic powers listed in the SM codex or just the ones listed the the DA codex?

appreciate the input

Razorbacks can be purchased for 10 man units, but can only carry 6. So, either combat squad to fit in or wait until some are killed.

DA Librarians do not have access to powers in codex SM.

"Razorbacks can be purchased for 10 man units, but can only carry 6. So, either combat squad to fit in or wait until some are killed."

Assuming a 10 man troop, if that's the case do I have to place the razorback and my marines onto the table at the same time as one unit? Do they have to be placed right next to each other or could I place the tank on one side of table and the marines on the other side?

"Razorbacks can be purchased for 10 man units, but can only carry 6. So, either combat squad to fit in or wait until some are killed."

Assuming a 10 man troop, if that's the case do I have to place the razorback and my marines onto the table at the same time as one unit? Do they have to be placed right next to each other or could I place the tank on one side of table and the marines on the other side?

They are placed on the table at the same time unless you are rolling for reserves, where you roll for them seperately. You can, however, place them them in completely different areas of your deployment zone if you don't put them in reserve.

seconding the "no you cannot mix and match between codexes." DA is a stand alone book and you must use both the costs and stats of the things in that book (or SM if going that route). DA get the shaft in some ways, and a boost in other ways, so it all washes out (ok, so net result is "minor shaft").

The Dark Angel FAQ states that it is up to you and your opponents how much (or little) of the new Codex: Space Marines is applied to their apparently retarded brethren from Codex: Dark Angels. Of course, this actually applies to all rules equally - if you and your opponent agree, there's no reason why Tyranids can't use Eldar psychic powers and be led by two C'Tan, Marneus Calgar and a Blood Thirster.

In practice, I suspect the best etiquette for pick-up games is to choose one codex or the other to avoid disagreements.

You choose the DA codex so you can be DAs. They are a great forcee. Their point restrictions are there to guide you as to what DAs are all about - fast attack bikes and speeders and losts of terminators. They are geared to hunt for the fallen. They get stuff nobody else does. They are specialized and unique (as are the vastly different BAs).

If you get a razorback for a squad, it ALWAYs deploys when they do, as one dedicated unit. You can separate them, etc., on the board. They count as separate KPs. A razorback is designed to carry 6 so you can have a combat squad plus IC in them. The best way to use them is have an IC, 10-man squad w/ special and HW, and razorback. Combat squad at deployment, making sure the sergeant, IC, and 4 others are transportable or deplyed in the vehicle. The remaining 5 are deployed in cover for the HW and to preserve the demi-squad.

Might be very interesting to deploy a force (just thought of this) with a 10man assault squad (rhino instead of JPs) kitted for flaming/power weapon goodness, chaplain, 2 tac squads with HF razors. On deplyment, play the switch - get the combat squaded assault marines and chappy into the flame-razors, and give the rhino to one tac squad. The flame-razors then start heading towards the enemy lines...eventually you get out and the chappy inspires one half of the assault marines to greatness...on the way, you flame anything that gets close...cool against Tau and IG...and maybe orks...

Archived