Has anyone become a deamon prince BESIDES Primarchs?

dragionstorm

Poor old abby.. still working on making DP...

But if after all the crusades and general rabble rousing he has done still doesnt get him OVER the edge with at least one of the chaos gods (even tho all of them seem to favor him enough with a mark) then who the devil can?

Same with Ahriman, Khârn, and Typhus.. 10K years of imperium bashing wont cut it.. then what will?

Gotta make a regular CSM from the Siege of Terror depressed about his chances of elevation.

Plenty of marines have become DP's.Ahriman, Khârn and typhus are still mortal mainly as a plot device. The warsmith in Storm of Iron, a Night lord named Perclitor and the current leader of the largest Night lords faction are all daemon princes.I believe one of the death guard in flight of the eisenstein became a dp as well.

The Second Ed Chaos Codex points out that certain individuals are held in especial regard by their patrons or have a particular part to play in their designs, and are therefore insulated against daemon princehood so that they can continue to serve as independent entities.

Poor old abby.. still working on making DP...

But if after all the crusades and general rabble rousing he has done still doesnt get him OVER the edge with at least one of the chaos gods (even tho all of them seem to favor him enough with a mark) then who the devil can?

Same with Ahriman, Khârn, and Typhus.. 10K years of imperium bashing wont cut it.. then what will?

Gotta make a regular CSM from the Siege of Terror depressed about his chances of elevation.

Hes Immortal... why does he need to be a Daemon Prince?

We know of:

Dhar'leth (Black Legion)

Kreig Acerbus (Night Lords)

Periclitor (Night Lords)

Hakanor (Hakanor's Reavers)

Below are Daemon Princes older and possibly more powerful than even the Primarchs

Bubonicus (nurgle),

Doombreed (Khorne)

M'Kachan (Tzeentch)

N'Kari (Slannesh)

Omphalos Daemonium (Khorne)

So not only are some astartes elevated to demonhood but so are some mortals.

Honsou's orig. warlord, for one I'm sure there have been others.

It's not that Abby hasn't earned his wings, he has rejected being a DP many times. Eather it would interfer with some plan he has or he thinks it would give 1 (or more) of the goods too much control over him. The whole BL "we use chaos, chaos does not use us" thing.

Whos forgotten doombreed

Wasn't Doombreed supposed to be Khorne's first Daemon Prince, and dates back to the ancient pre-Imperial Histories, and therefore NOT an Astartes originally? I'm sure that it says this in the current Chaos Codex, i don't have it at hand to confirm though...

Correct me if I am wrong, but I did not think Omphalos Daemonium was a Daemon Prince - just a very powerful daemon.

I thought it was a massive daemon engine, like a train, that carried Captain Ventris in to the Eye of Terror?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I did not think Omphalos Daemonium was a Daemon Prince - just a very powerful daemon.

He was called a daemon prince on Lexicanum but you may well be right.

I was originally going to list Skull Taker as a daemon prince, as he seems to be one in "Blood for the Blood God" (WFB not 40k).

Khârn prefers being mortal and not a lazy slab like the Primarchs, Lucius is...well Lucius. Ahriman is a Sorcerer with mad lust on power, and either unlucky enough, or Tzeentch has another plot to screw him over. Typhus likes unleashing plagues.

Remember, the Gods love having Mortal Champions to do :unsure: too. Also note, there has to be, otherwise we wouldn't be able to get away with 90% of chaos players taking atleast two Demon Princes. lol

I thought it was a massive daemon engine, like a train, that carried Captain Ventris in to the Eye of Terror?

The way I read "Dead Sky, Black Sun" was that the daemon engine was Omphalos Daemonium's prison and method of transportation, but not the daemon itself. At the very least, the engine surviving the daemon's defeat and likely imprisonment (if I recall correctly) at the hands of the Heart Of Blood implies the two were not one and the same.

Wasn't Doombreed supposed to be Khorne's first Daemon Prince, and dates back to the ancient pre-Imperial Histories, and therefore NOT an Astartes originally? I'm sure that it says this in the current Chaos Codex, i don't have it at hand to confirm though...

This is the exact passage on doombreed on page 32 of the lastest codex:csm

Khorne was the first of the Great Gods of Chaos to awake fully, and Doombreed was one of the first of his servants. His true name has long been forgotten, but he was once human, a mighty warlord who led armies that ravaged entire nations on earth long, long ago. His acts of genocide and murder pleased the young god Khorne, who rewarded him and made him one of his first Daemon Princes. Since then Doombreed has continued to serve Khorne well. Over the millennia, Doombreed has returned to slaughter the warriors of humanity countless times, his presence always inspiring bloodshed and war on an apocaliptic scale. Doombreed fought for his bloody master at the side of Warmaster horus during the Heresy, and was aboard the Warmaster's battle barge when the Emperor attacked and Horus was slain :) . Of Doombreed's subsequent wars, there is no record.

Edit:spelling

@Op: Abaddon isn't a Daemon prince because he constantly rejects the daemonic gifts of chaos. (And takes great pains to protect himself from receiving them involuntarily, most of his charms are to protect him from the Chaos Gods direct power and mutations.)

I may be very,very wrong but to become a DP an individual must perform a ritual,usually a long arduas affair beginning in days of prayer and devotion and ending in a planets population(or any equavilant) being mass sacrafised.The gods dont just gift people with Deamonhood randomly or for small individual feats,this is why i believe Khârn has yet to asend,He has killed the equavilant of several planets but that is spread over several Millenia,If he killed all of those people within a short period of time then mabye Khorne would bless him with Deamonhood,

Anyway just my opinion,not that it counts.

I may be very,very wrong but to become a DP an individual must perform a ritual,usually a long arduas affair beginning in days of prayer and devotion and ending in a planets population(or any equavilant) being mass sacrafised.The gods dont just gift people with Deamonhood randomly or for small individual feats,this is why i believe Khârn has yet to asend,He has killed the equavilant of several planets but that is spread over several Millenia,If he killed all of those people within a short period of time then mabye Khorne would bless him with Deamonhood,

Anyway just my opinion,not that it counts.

The Chaos gods give gifts out on a whim :'( without care or thought for jobs big and small... Unfortunatly for Chaos worshippers even if you do not displease your god your more likely to become a spawn that a 5M tall DP because chaos is like that... especially Tzeentch... he loves his tentacles ;))

most of his charms are to protect him from the Chaos Gods direct power and mutations.)

Mmmhhh.... Interesting. Where did you get these details about his charms?

Its in one of the Chaos Codexes I think, or was it a White Dwarf.

It is partly shown in the 3rd Ed Codex in his Terminator armour rules the basically due to the fetishes and charms he nullified any psychic power targetted at him or that included him in its area of effect was nullified on a 4+

Archived