Finished Pretty Marines

GMMStudios

They're... so beautiful, and the colours are so bold.

I especially like the vindi emblazoned with Purple Rain. I always had a sneaking suspicion the Emperor was a Prince fan.

Keep up the good work!

when Horus commits Heresy

doves cry

I 2nd the poster above ^^^^^^^.

I'll be honest, they're painted to a level that is pretty much REQUIRED to not make this look totally stupid. I feel people who paint things like this do it to cover up the fact that they can't paint. You, however, can paint. I'd be amused but very annoyed if I ever played you, which is good. Psychological factor is a BIG part of the game and I think this army is probably the single best example of that I have seen.

Terrible, but great.

Note that I uploaded two groups of pics that were made by the system into one post. Ah well.

All by design. Posts made within 2 minutes of each other without someone else posting in between are merged -- helps to prevent spam.

Oh it makes sense why you do it, I was just confused as to what was going on :D

when Horus commits Heresy

doves cry

Hehehe

Excellent. Are you doing some angry marines next?

Eventually. Only reason I did this army is because I had a cancellation for this past week. Im booked until late November so unless I have a cancellation it will be next year. Id always rather do commissions anyway.

Haha, Grey Matter Musings, your models never get old. Love that company.

Thanks :) Anyone who follows my stuff knows I like to do things differently.

I just got a random scenario played out in my head there

UM Captain "to arms brothers! Crush these chaos scum, reinforcements are on their way!"

*the sound of drop pods fill the air*

UM Captain looks up "...........for the love of the emp...!"

*Pods crach to the ground and burst open*

Pretty Marines Captain"HI GUYSS!!! my gawd, when did chaos start dressing so goth?"

UM capitan, *face palm* "we're leaving"

lmao, sorry for the randomness, its been a long day lol

in seriousness thats some damn fine painting there brother

I am real;y impressed with the banner

look forward to seeing more of these guys in the future

just as long as they aren't guarding the rear eh? :P haha

I have also seen hello kitty marines and a hello kitty dreadnaught..... i has pictures if u want proof.

I have seen hello kitty stuff. I like the models that actually use hello kitty heads.

I remeber an SOB army like that. The Rhinos had little hand painted bumper stickers the said "We don't break for Heratics." :)

Amazing. hahaha. Do you have any fluff to go with them? Are they codex marines who have a little too much "brotherly spirit"?! ;)

Very well painted + converted. They look almost as self-loving as Ultramarines ;)

They have fluff. They of corse are a fan created chapter. As far as I know they are not gay, just girly. Their spiritual opposite are the "Angry Marines". Who are habitually cursing and are "Always angry, all the time". All you have to do is google Angry Marines and look for the tell tale yellow armor, red trim, and really unhappy face. You'll get all you need to know from 1d4chan.org, prepare to laugh hard.

Archived