Can jumppack untis embark on Rhinos?

tahrikmili

I would say not but is there anything that actually says that jump-pack equipped models may not embark upon transports?

If memory serves me right (dont have the book with me), I think it's mentioned somewhere in the BRB (maybe under the Jump Infantry unit type and/or under the Transport Vehicles section?)

Dont nuke me eitherway ;)

I would say not but is there anything that actually says that jump-pack equipped models may not embark upon transports?

If memory serves me right (dont have the book with me), I think it's mentioned somewhere in the BRB (maybe under the Jump Infantry unit type and/or under the Transport Vehicles section?)

Dont nuke me eitherway ;)

I think you may be right but I don't have access to the book either, I just wanted to try and clarify something because I know it can be done in apocalypse but they take two spaces and I don't think I read anything like that in the rule-book.

And relax I'm not going to nuke you. You're just trying to help another gamer out like myself.

As title asks.. Can an Assault Squad with Jumppacks embark on a rhino?

Can an IC with a Jumppack join an infantry unit and join them in their Rhino?

No and No. It's on p66 of the BRB;

"Only infantry models may embark in transports (it is worth specifying that this does not include jump infantry), unless a Codex book states otherwise." [bold bits mine.]

So no jump packs at all in transports.

However an assault squad my remove their jump packs and then they will count as infantry (as opposed to jump infantry) in which case they may take a Rhino or Drop pod as a dedicated transport, and once the game has started hop into in any other transport vehicle ie Land Raider, Razorback once they become available as other infantry can. p60 Codex Space Marines.

Hmm interesting issue though: does in IC with a jump pack change to jump infantry by default??

Cheers

I

Hmm interesting issue though: does in IC with a jump pack change to jump infantry by default??

Cheers

I

yes, its in the rules for Jump Packs in the codex.

Side note: the rules for space marine bikes do not change the unit type. This can alow you by raw to embark with a bike equpied IC in a maner identical (thoug sillier by fluff) to that of a chaos IC with wings.

Side note: the rules for space marine bikes do not change the unit type.

But they "follow all of the rules for Bikes as described in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook", which ammounts to pretty much the same. Whether a model is not allowed to enter a transport because it is of the "Bike" unit type or whether it is not allowed to enter a transport because "Bike" type models are not allowed to do so and the model follows all the rules for "Bike" type models does not make a lot of difference.

Side note: the rules for space marine bikes do not change the unit type.

But they "follow all of the rules for Bikes as described in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook", which ammounts to pretty much the same. Whether a model is not allowed to enter a transport because it is of the "Bike" unit type or whether it is not allowed to enter a transport because "Bike" type models are not allowed to do so and the model follows all the rules for "Bike" type models does not make a lot of difference.

Except it does make a difference. There is no rules for bikes that say they cant embark. There is a rule in transports that say bikes cant embark. Following the rules for bikes does not make you a bike anymore than wings make you jump infantry. The only functional difference between wings and being unit type jump infantry is that one can ride in a transport. The same is true of having the bike wargear and being of unit type "bike." Its poor sportsmanship, its stupid, its silly, but its the rules, and there is precident. Fortunatly this one is extreme enouph (and aplies to more than just one model) that I think it will get errataed/faq the proper way.

The "Space Marine Bike" entry does not say that the model follows all the rules in the WH40K rulebook's "Bike section". It says the model follows all the rules for bikes in the WH40K rulebook. What does the WH40K rulebook have to say about bikes embarking into a transport?

The winged lord is a different matter, as the model then does not follow "all the rules", but instead "moves in the same way as" a jump infantry model. I would probably still argue that "movement" is the only thing where jump infantry differs from regular infantry and therefor "moves in the same way as" is pretty much the same as "uses all the rules as", but there is more room for doubt here.

Archived