Raven Guard 8th Company

Levitas

That's a very nice army, you can be proud :blink:

The only thing that bothers me is that you didn't overpaint/varnish the sides of your transfers.

They look really glued-on right now.

There not transfers...

I hand painted all the icons for both chapter and squad. I just dont like transfers! So hopefully you'll forgive me the rough-ish lines.

The squads are all 10 man. I just couldnt get all 10 in a shot without them looking like a mass of black. Even close up the camera has eaten up the highlights. So I just through the heavies in there so they could get some srage time :P

Thanks for the comments!

Your minis look fantastic!! Even better though is the conversion and modelling work done. Especially on the Sternguard.

However, I didn't see your HQ choice on there. Where is he?

Lastly... do you use your Scout sargeant as counts-as Telion? If so, the Stalker Pattern Boltgun is right on.

That's a very nice army, you can be proud :angry:

The only thing that bothers me is that you didn't overpaint/varnish the sides of your transfers.

They look really glued-on right now.

There not transfers...

:angry: eeeeh, this is one of those things I really hate :P

my apologies about the transfers-comment. :)

Your minis look fantastic!! Even better though is the conversion and modelling work done. Especially on the Sternguard.

However, I didn't see your HQ choice on there. Where is he?

Lastly... do you use your Scout sargeant as counts-as Telion? If so, the Stalker Pattern Boltgun is right on.

My HQs are on there, they were the first ones I added so scroll to the bottom of the post history. I have a shrike counts as, plastic converted chaplain and librarian, and a 2nd captain with relic blade and aux launcher.

http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.c...-of-blades.html

I have used him as Telion a few times, but find he's not that great for me. But i'm sure in the right list he is pretty good.

There certainly aint many RG out there. Most go for drop pod and scout lists, I thought i'd be a lil different. But then with planet strike I can now deep strike my land raider ^_^

Cheers for the comments, and no worries about the transfers! I would have opted for moulded shoulder pads but hay!

beautiful army sir. *claps* I like this and the work on the conversions subtle but works wonders I like the most he combi flamers on the sternguard. would you mind if i borrowed the idea for some of my own sternguard?

though i do need to ask one thing the Imperial Guard Heavy Flamer. did you have to do any conversion work on it to make it fit for the Space marine who wields it?

beautiful army sir. *claps* I like this and the work on the conversions subtle but works wonders I like the most he combi flamers on the sternguard. would you mind if i borrowed the idea for some of my own sternguard?

though i do need to ask one thing the Imperial Guard Heavy Flamer. did you have to do any conversion work on it to make it fit for the Space marine who wields it?

Thank you :lol:

Borrow away sir! The heavy flamers are the result of random bits from my bits box. I have never collected guard so all parts come from the SM range. One is from a landspeeder, heavily cut down. The other maybe from a terminator arm. I then used melta grenades and backs of bolters to get them to fit. There was minimal conversion work. Originally I was going to just use a multi-melta dev marine and replace the nozzel. But then I decided to magnatize the arms so i could swap in combi meltas etc.

However I have too much fun roasting orks so they tend to keep the flamers. My record is 43 flamer hits on a unit of 10 ardboyz. Toasty.

hehehe I know the feeling on BBQing orks. i got about 50 or so on a unit of 30 boys with a warboss *chuckles* was a good day :3 the reason why i asked about the guard flamer is it appears that one of your sternguard have what looks like the new Cadian/Catachan heavy flamer in his hands. but fair enough if you say that isn't it then i'll take it :) i do like the flamers with teh bolters/pistons mounted on the tops. those are the ones i want to make.

Archived