Angelus Desolatus

Plarzoid

Welcome to the home of the Angelus Desolatus (Desolate Angels). They are a DA Successor Chapter, and abhor the xenos. Their quest for the Fallen has led them to hate and fear corruption of any kind. Thus they take a more shooty approach to combat, with only the strongest of mind and heart taking the fight to close quarters. Enough fluff, here's some pictures!

gallery_46753_3735_6923.jpg

gallery_46753_3735_53615.jpg

gallery_46753_3735_32467.jpg

gallery_46753_3735_39202.jpg

I have a full 10 man squad finished, but no pictures yet.

C&C welcome!

- Plarzoid

These are real nice, great colour combinations :)

Only one thing i see as a problem, and thats the Tactical marking atop the rhino. I say keep it within the doors and widen the arrow slightly, looks a little daft as it is now, took me a bloody age to get right on a ultras rhino i recently finished

Sure, I'll share!

Here's my basic painting method:

• *Spray bomb everything black.
    *Everything that will not be black gets a coat of astronomicon grey foundation paint
    *Everything now grey gets a coat of skull white
    from here the white and red split, but follow the same structure:
    *3-4 coats of skull white or blood red.

That's it. I don't really highlight my white or red, I only highlight the black.

The colors are bright because they are the brightest of their shade, they are smooth and uniform because of the way I paint them on. The trick is:

Thin coats, and pretend you're mowing a lawn. When you're mowing, you don't go in the same direction every time because you get nasty ruts and grooves of dead grass from where the wheels roll in the same spot. So, you alternate direction, going west to east instead of north to south.

Same thing here.

Layer 1 goes ||||| (ie up and down the model)

Layer 2 goes ==== (around the model)

Layer 3 goes ///// (a diagonal)

Layer 4 goes \\\\\ (90 degrees to previous diagonal)

Several thin layers lets each layer cover the brush marks of the previous layer, and it helps if you do all the spots on the model in the same direction.

I'm 4 days from my wedding, but after the week long honeymoon, I'll do a tutorial on it - keep an eye open :blink:

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

I have a challenge for all of you: Use the B&C Terminator Painter and help me figure out how to paint these colors on a Termie! Specifically, how should I incorporate the two colors on a termie helmet? Post your ideas here and we'll have a mini competition. Winner gets a cookie and a model in my army named after them!

Thanks for all the positive feedback, I'm glad you all like my scheme! Any suggestions on highlighting, quality, etc?

- Plarzoid

For reference,

gallery_46753_3735_5590.jpg

and my thoughts on the termie scheme (I know the eagles aren't the same design, i'm still rethinking the bronze eagle wings on my Tac Marines) :

gallery_46753_3735_27396.jpg

I'm completely open to suggestions on the termie scheme, the above was a 2 min hack job. I realized I shouldn't ask you folks to do something I hadn't already done :blink:

- Plarzoid

Haha, I had a feeling that was the case, the photos give the look of flat paint applied liberally. Sometimes it's best just to keep it simple ^_^.

I do think that a highlight of slightly thinned dwarf flesh would do well on the red rims.

The technique described is basically the same as a traditional paint coat on any other surface, although i might suggest that a tamping method achieves better color and coverage because it leaves no brushmarks. brushmarks, even laid over each other, still produce a laticework that takes light in a very bent fashion. The best part of gw paints is that if they are applied directly (without directional strokes), they are self-leveling, but this won't be true of any method that involves dragging the brush.

This just because people are asking, since you've clearly got your system nailed down for your own purposes and it's working damned well for you :tu:.

Everything looks great man,as for the termie heads I would either leave the red like it is but add a stripe down the helmet or meet the mouth piece or split it red/white that way the split also goes with the white PF.

Edited for spelling.

Everything looks great man,as for the termie heads I would either leave the red like it is but add a stripe down the helmet or meet the mouth piece or split it red/white that way the split also goes with the white PF.

Edited for spelling.

I've been looking at terminator heads and trying to figure out how to get the same ratio of red and white and get them in the same rough place as the standard Troop helmets. There just doesn't seem to be a great hard line to follow to get a contained space for the red on the face.

Perhaps, for terminators their heads are a veteran color and I stripe the PF with red and white?

What should my Veteran color be, anyway? I'm thinking blue or turquoise...

- Plarzoid

Archived