Champion of the Emperor

Hello all, it's been a while since I've posted anything on these forums, namely because I haven't been working on marine stuff. Mostly little elf thingys. :)

Anyway, I am restarting my Black Templar army and logically the first choice model to paint was a new Emperors Champion. He looks a lot better in person, unfortunately my camera enjoys washing out the colours and highlights. I have a bit of work left on him, but I can't think of what to put on the back of the cape. So until then I'll work on the base, but any recommendations are appreciated! :)

Well I'll stop blabbing now, and give you all the pictures you want.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Personal%20Armies/Black%20Templars/Emperors%20Champion/2009029.jpg

An older WIP of the cape so you can see where I need to add something.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Personal%20Armies/Black%20Templars/Emperors%20Champion/2009025.jpg

Cheers

i like, i like very much, it is a very nice representation of an EC, i think the paint job is fantastic too (but don't judge me on it, all my models are tabletop quality at best, the HQ's were painted by somebody else so they are the centerpieces of my army, everything else is just normal, ok quality)

Thanks guys.

The red actually has a bit more contrast than what shows in the pics, but I do plan on adding some more, namely in the cape.

I should have an update tomorrow with more pictures. I'm going to the GW tomorrow morning to get some work done before I go to work. So hopefully that means pictures tomorrow night.

I'll be out of town Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, so I'm hoping to get pretty far tomorrow.

Keep the comments coming.

Cheers.

Well here is a bit more of an update. Started the base, still have some touch ups to do and a few details. Unfortunately I still haven't managed to get a photo where the red isn't washed out. I'll toy with it some more tonight after work though.

Until then, enjoy!

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Personal%20Armies/Black%20Templars/Emperors%20Champion/2009035.jpg

Cheers.

Wow hes coming along really nicely, sir. The flesh tones are really realistic. Could we get a recipe for what you did to achieve that? The rest of the model is beatifully done thus far as well. Black paint jobs are difficult to do well.

^_^

Thanks for the comments guys, I should have him finished before I leave for Ohio tomorrow.

The skin was simple, it was painted using the following:

Tallern Flesh, Ogryn Flesh Wash, Tallern flesh first 'light, Tallern Flesh+Rotting Flesh second 'light, Tallern Flesh+Rotting Flesh+Bleached Bone third 'light, Rotting Flesh+Bleached Bone final 'light.

Then I went back added in some purple and reds to the skin, namely in area's around the bionics and eye. It's not a perfect breakdown of the recipe, as I was just working as I went using the paints I had available. I'll try and create an exact recipe when I start the Assault Terminators on Sunday.

More tomorrow I hope.

Sorry it's been almost a week since I returned from Ohio. My company is fairly dumb, and the trip was a waste of time, luckily I got paid overtime plus my 45 hours for it.

:D

Here is the most recent pic of the EC, he's featured with my WIP Marshal.

I'll post home pics in the Hall of Honour when I get around to properly setting up a photo.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Personal%20Armies/Black%20Templars/Marshal/059.jpg

Sadly the reason for that is I couldn't be bothered to sculpt it. I must admit, I had a few drinks before I tackled the Marshal as my cast was extremely poor. :D

I may add the cape from the Chaos Termintaor to him just to spice him up though.

Sadly, I don't feel that GS would be a good idea at this point in time.

Well my painting has been slow since I have had to stop to work on a Fantasy model for a local painting contest, but tonight in leu of painting I did some assembly. This is at the pre-sculpting stage, which will begin tomorrow.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Personal%20Armies/Black%20Templars/Assault%20Terminators/004.jpg

He's going to be the Sergeant of the first of 3 Sword Brethren Terminator squads, the other two will be done when Space Hulk is released!

C&C I'll try for better pictures after sculpting is done!

• 1 month later...

Yeah, well three boxes of Hulk conversions needed plus the amount of effort I will have to put into 20 man squads was outrageous and going to take me forever, so I am slowly working on it. One Neophyte at a time! ^_^

And your searchfu is weak. Just do a search for my topics, it'll be the second on the list. see

Archived