Deep Striking Vehicles

Essayons

Hello all. I was contemplating the Deep Strike rules today and how they relate to vehicle squadrons (specifically Land Speeders and/or Valkyries in Inquisitorial/IG armies). The DS rules have you place one model and then surround it with layers of other models in base to base contact, completing complete circles of models before you add another layer. Now how would this work with a vehicle squadron that, by virtue of the way it is constructed, cannot be placed in base to base contact? My Land Speeders, for instance, cannot be placed in base to base contact with their flying bases, because the vehicles themselves are larger than the bases. Has there been anything "official" on this issue?

Thanks,

Essayons.

Hello all. I was contemplating the Deep Strike rules today and how they relate to vehicle squadrons (specifically Land Speeders and/or Valkyries in Inquisitorial/IG armies). The DS rules have you place one model and then surround it with layers of other models in base to base contact, completing complete circles of models before you add another layer. Now how would this work with a vehicle squadron that, by virtue of the way it is constructed, cannot be placed in base to base contact? My Land Speeders, for instance, cannot be placed in base to base contact with their flying bases, because the vehicles themselves are larger than the bases. Has there been anything "official" on this issue?

Thanks,

Essayons.

Place the models in approx hull-to-hull contact. You are not obliged to do anything stupid or mess up your paint job in order to do something by the exact letter of the rules.

Hello all. I was contemplating the Deep Strike rules today and how they relate to vehicle squadrons (specifically Land Speeders and/or Valkyries in Inquisitorial/IG armies).

Beware, if you choose an Inquisitorial Valkyrie the only rules available are those in Imperial Armour 2. That means it is NOT as a skimmer, but still uses the flyer rules. Only Valkyries selected from C:IG count as skimmers. Whatever conclusion this thread reaches, don't apply it to Inquisitorial Valkyries. :woot:

in my opinion as most vehicals won't be teleporting into battle they could be set up as you would if you hadn't deep striked, but of corse if you were going to do this you'ed probably want to cheak if it was okay first.

I mean, a land speeder squadron isn't going to fly into a batle with their hulls toching each other are they?

but if you were using heavy duty drop then I guess the viecale squad would be touching but I digress

Archived