Dreadnoughts missile launchers?

Shenaniganz

To be fair, it really should be 2 shots. A house rule letting it shoot 2 times per phase would not be uncalled for, seeing as you give up a s10 power weapon, a storm bolter, AND pay points for the 'upgrade.' The Twin linked autocannon, priced the same, is a far better weapon... plus they buffed every other missile launcher in the book but that one... Tac squads get their launchers for free, and the termie and speeder ones get 2 shots.

But unfortunately they made no accomidation in the codex for it to be two shots. Therefore it follows the normal rules for a missile laucher and only gets one.

Comparing it to losing the powerfist is really not effective because assault and shooting are like apples and oranges. If i take the missile launcher, i am not looking to use my dread as a ccw monster, but effectively using it as a HS choice. So the PF does me no good if i am sitting back and shooting, but the missile launcher does even if i only get one shot. One shot with it and whatever is taken on the other arm can give me two shots to punch armour and just double my chances of popping armour.

Archived