A rather depressing idea....

Ok so one drunk night I was chatting with a mate overseas.

I showed my mate tahrikmili's pretty marines... my mate saw this and we though of good piss take marines

Thats when we came up with.... Chaos emo marines. He mentioned he would pay to see that.

Someone must have done it already but I'm just wanting some ideas to help....

I'm gonna do one model and see how it goes from there.

So please help with this depressing crusade of mine ^_^

heres an idea paint sheme...

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv135/Constantine666/csm3php.jpg

I was thinking of painting one side of the helmet black for the fringe effect and have captains have fringes....

Just poor ideas on... we already have pretty marines, hello kitty marines and angry marines.... :P

I agree that Dark Angels would be a good base... Picking the hoods with faces showing... Maybe green stuffing a fringe on to it, If done well.... They would look really good.

I personally would pick black as the main color... a dark purple or blue for the details... along with slight bits of silver here and there. I would also try and get any hero to be carrying a large book and have raven wings.... Well every emo thinks of themselves as a fallen angel and needs a diary / poem catcher... (I know I do :))

Though for me, I'd replace the dark purple with a bright pink.

Im guessing the emos you have seen are completely different form that in New Zealand....

Im thinking logo would be a emo smiley crying blood....

another idea could be a broken heart but it has been broken by the chaos star :huh:

so the colors should be? maybe put some logos on the hoods and what not to make them look like emo hoodies...

thanks for the ideas. keep them coming

don't forget white and black stripes/checkers. oh and you could just cut some rod like you would for rivets only paint them bright colors like pins :unsure:.

I'm having too much fun with this concept ^^ :

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9531/emoi.png

:Elite:

don't forget white and black stripes/checkers. oh and you could just cut some rod like you would for rivets only paint them bright colors like pins :unsure:.

:Elite:

i do think i pee'd myself

don't forget white and black stripes/checkers. oh and you could just cut some rod like you would for rivets only paint them bright colors like pins :).

:P

it is indeed rather interesting.... i bit too chaotic? e.g wishy washy all over the place..... hmmm the button idea is really good

and i like checkers too much to use them on emos.... all in all really good thanks.

don't forget white and black stripes/checkers. oh and you could just cut some rod like you would for rivets only paint them bright colors like pins :lol:.

:(

Imagining painting an entire army like that makes me emo. :(

You need to get the files out. They need skinnyfit greaves

Heh.

I have some of the god awful music.... i think i bored my sisters mp3 player once and i saved the music just in case something went wrong.... but that was like 2 years ago.... why havnt i deleted it?

I could green stuf ipods and headfones.... still looking for that uniform shceme.... i like the buttons and the strips...

Checkers are too kewl for them...

oh and Imperialis_Dominatus im the one making them... that would make me more emo :lol: but someone else is owning them... but not without pictures

Give the sargeants Ipods, that would look amazing :P I love this topic atm. Whats the point of a hobby if you can't have a sense of humor as well ;)

exactly... it makes it more enjoyable.

I think i might have to rewatch emorangers on youtube to get ispiration.... its so lame but yet funny...

Looking at this... I think I've got some pretty good ideas that could help...

1. The pins/badges could be solely on either a piece of cloth that hangs from the sholder pad or back (as they are usually on rucksacks / backpacks), I'd make them uniform in color, or be pretty dark with a small dot of a brighter color.

2. I would base them an extremely dark magenta... highlighting in brighter shades of pink untill some high-lights are bright luminescent pink.

3. I would go easy on the stripes unless on a banner or robe... We have to rememember that there are different subsections of emo :) and that we are throwing ideas from all of them, so maybe either choosing the dark more subtle with pinks or going for the pandapop multicolored emos would be good. Personally, I think the checker is good.... Assault marines have the straps on their chest... Now I personally have a black and pink belt that could be classed as chequered as it contains three rows of Square metal studs... in the colors: P=pink square, B = Blacksquare

P B P B P B P B

B P B P B P B P

P B P B P B P B

4. I think a simple heart / broken heart logo would look good. Either in pink or red, You could even place the logo over the actuall placement of the marine's heart. Or better still, you could make battle damage and have a hole where the heart would be and paint a bleeding effect down the armor.

5. I now believe ALL of the marines should carry their own emotional Tome with them. A small book either on their shoulder pad, Backpack or at their waist would be a must.

6. I would have all banner text in emo styled scribbled font. I would also either find the latin for "...because nobody understands" or a similar phrase to put on banners.

7. I would base them on wood or tiled floors in small puddles of blood, either from cut wrists or their bleeding hearts. Would be deep and emotional... Maybe writing on the floor in blood for the larger bases?

8. I would ban all marines from wearing helmets. Emo's strive for perfection with their hair and a helmet would just get in their way... I would say sargents are allowed dyed hair while the others must have black..

That's all I can think of for now.

Yeah, at first i was thinking i'd make a sergeant and then i went overboard. An entire army decked out in stripes and checks would be hellish (that, or they would be orks :)). Actually orks have much more surface area for each check, that makes them doable. space marines get tough because people expect tiny tiny details. i only ever do tight micopattern work on the nob/boss pants...

got distracted. i think there's a lot you could do though:

• noise marines could carry guitars and modify whirlwind missile packs for speakers.
  • demonettes could be converted into a bunch of heartbreakers with new heads and talon-like polished fingernails in place of the original claws.
    although finding proper girl models would be tough, i'm surprised there isn't an easy-to-find 28mm range for girls/women that doesn't have much on them (to allow for clothes to be sculpted). You might have to use dollies...which would be a pain :/.
  • raptors are a logical choice, for bonus points make sure to give some of them 1 bat wing and 1 tattered bird wing. the sergeant could have large black ones ending in blazing red/orange/pink tips while the rest are just plain.
  • and many more...:D

god i think i might need a book to write all these ideas down....

1.Im not giving in with the checkers.... they can have strips but not my precios checkers... (My inner rude boy kicking in)

2. I do like to have some with helmits just because some of them might like to "hide their pain"

3. I like the bleeding heart thing on the armour and with the personal tome...

4. I was thinking of making their boots look like chuck taylors.

5. thank you for all your help... i should have some sort of painting dnt to show you next week or so when i get more glue.

and 6. history!!!!

Every space marine has the potential to be an emo. The gene is recessive before they become space marines and must harbor these emotions before then.

As you know they go under immense training and physical torture... some can handle it while some can't... and this is when the emo gene kicks in.

As they pray to the emperor they feel like they get no reply and he is not listening. Once the hole thing is over they indeed still have these "feelings" they

begin to resent the emperor for not listening when needed and they see how everyone is happy and they are not. So they become the whiny little space marines no one talks about,

they are then dubbed heretics and they run like all emos do when in a fight.

They seem to all congregate to the Black abyss system on a planet they have called "the hang out".

There they write in there tombs and read bad poetry. The other chaos marines all laugh at them and the only god that gives them a thought is Slaneesh (Pervert). From there they unleash raids on anyone

using new weaponry. It is similar to sonic weaponry but using emotion. They are shape liked guitars and they pour their emotion into these "guitars" and release a wave of depression.

Whirlwinds have been changes to amplify this with either speakers or with the energy harnessed in missiles. Still much is to learn about their chapter master.

No one knows his origins but they call call him Edward Cullen.

More info will be realeased and as i said im working on a first look at the painting.

LOL, great stuff.

Thier weapons sound a bit like that point of veiw gun from hitchhikers guide TTG, "got to ask yourself, whats the point".

Loveing the colour schenme, its all good for giggles...or you know whatever(shrug) :P

Archived