my latest objective marker

RIGIL_

This is a scene from a short story i entered into the black library. In the scene the howling banshee is after decapitating Sergeant Kidor and Brother Captain Rigil (guess where i got the username from :) ) is left to take on the banshee alone. I always thought the idea of capturing the acrobatics of a banshee in a visuette was cool, i decided that to show this i could either have her diving into the fight, in between the two doing a corkscrew ( in which i would need to attacth both of her blades to the two marines blades which i have done before but was time consuming), or final i could have her using the dead marines falling body as a spring board to engage in combat with Rigil.

This is one of my favorite piece along with my first visuette 'the death of shaegar' and my next project which i hope to finish before the release of preseapo burns, as it involves a space wolve flaming a thousand sons marine.

gallery_47855_3879_611552.jpg

gallery_47855_3879_1183158.jpg

gallery_47855_3879_479335.jpg

gallery_47855_3879_1938447.jpg

gallery_47855_3879_1183158.jpg

This is my first time posting but there are tonnes more of unfinished stuff on my to do list. I have never used green stuff and this raven guard objective will be the first time as soon as i get it :P

anyway drop a line and share your thought or advice.

thanks,

Rigil :D

I like it so far, but if Kidor had just gotten decapitated, his head would still be in the air if the Banshee Exarch had just done him in. The way it is all setup is that it seems the Banshee got him before he even knew what was going on and Rigil had just enough time to raise his weapon in defense before she came for him. Other then that, it's looking good. Just fix the head placement, or still have it tumbling down and you're good to go.

I have to fullt agree with Mega_marines.

One idea is to do lots of splashing blood with greenstuff, and then attach the head to the greedstuff-blood, that way it will seem like the head is flying through the air ;>

Well i took all that into account when i posed whats there so far. The bar coming out of kidor's head is for the spurting blood and at the top of it i am planning of pinning the head or something along those lines :D . and ya i am either going to drip water effect down the rod where his head should be and add some red ink to make it the blood look more liquid or else green stuff. unfortunately i have none at home and the only model shop in the city i live in is very slow with its orders so i have to wait for awhile :D . and with kidor's pose its done that way cause i wanted it to look as though his hands are gone limp as with the rest of him ( he is falling backward.)

Yes Rigil he wins. its more down to the story something. Kidor let down his guard and Rigil didn't.

thanks for the advice,

Daniel

Why is it Rigil looks like hes just wet himself at the site of the Banshee? :D It's like he's just seen it and gone "OMG ITS A BANSHEE PANIC!" and stuck his chainsword up in a hope to kill it and save himself. :D

Archived