Space Marine Command Squad (for Captains)

Bomberbeer

I was re-reading the Main Rule Book, and was lost in the references to Retinues. if an Independent Chr is part of a Retinue (they use this word) they are considered part of that group. The only Retinue i recall was orky.

If the IC joins a squad, they have different rules in HTH, compared to upgrade chrs like sergeants in squads, except when it is a Retinue.

Anyone know of any retinues? what is a retinue? is a command squad one? anyone seen an FAQ on a Retinue? Are they wanted by the FBI? Do Retinue get free Coca Cola?

I want one, in real life.

Just asking.

Space Marine command squads are not retinues. GW seems to be phasing out retinues (none of the 5th Edition Codices has them), just when they finally made rules for them in 5th Edition. A few older Codices still have retinues though. Space Wolves Wolf Guard is a retinue, so are Dark Eldar Inccubi and Inquisitor Henchmen. The Genestealers that come with the Broodlord are a retinue as well.

I don't have the SM codex with me at work, but if I remember correctly on the page in the back for taking the Chapter Master there is an option at the bottom of the page to take an honor guard. I think this would be considered a Retinue.

An Eldar farseer with a Warlock bodyguard would also class as a retinue.

The farseer and warlock unit are not a retinue. They are separate units. The Farseer is required to 'unlock' the option to take this unit, but is not required to join them at any time. This is different from a retinue as a character in a retinue IS part of the SAME unit and is not allowed to leave them.

Archived