Planetstrike Rules Queries

imperialsavant

:down: Two of our Games Club chaps & myself played a trial game of Planetstrike today & came across a number of serious problems which I will list below.

1) On P 11 it says "Once the Defender--snip--, the Attacker chooses which table Edge is nearest his Drop Zone" However it does not state where you can/should set up your Drop Zone, how big/small it can/should be & how far from the Defenders Deployment Zone it should/can be (at least not that any of us could find!) This led to one of the boys querying if he was not Deep Striking could any of his units actually enter from reserve into the Defenders Deployment Area if the Table Edge was near his drop zone.

2) Can you destroy the Aegis Defence Lines by Shooting or Firestorm attack etc & if so what is the Armour Value of the Defence Lines & how much would you destroy? Template Area? One Shot= 1 small section? etc.

3) If you deep strike & "straddle" the Defence Line what happens? Do you just land eitherside ot take a difficult/dangerous terrain test or what?

4) Is the Defence Line treated as difficult terrain if you wish to cross it or do you just hop across & if you shoot across a Aegis Defence Line does it give the opponent a Cover Save?

No doubt there will be other Queries as we play more games but its disapointing to find so many things not clearly defined.

:) Two of our Games Club chaps & myself played a trial game of Planetstrike today & came across a number of serious problems which I will list below.

1) On P 11 it says "Once the Defender--snip--, the Attacker chooses which table Edge is nearest his Drop Zone" However it does not state where you can/should set up your Drop Zone, how big/small it can/should be & how far from the Defenders Deployment Zone it should/can be (at least not that any of us could find!) This led to one of the boys querying if he was not Deep Striking could any of his units actually enter from reserve into the Defenders Deployment Area if the Table Edge was near his drop zone.

you just pick a table edge, any you want

2) Can you destroy the Aegis Defence Lines by Shooting or Firestorm attack etc & if so what is the Armour Value of the Defence Lines & how much would you destroy? Template Area? One Shot= 1 small section? etc.

theres nothing in either the firestorm entry or the defence lines entry

3) If you deep strike & "straddle" the Defence Line what happens? Do you just land eitherside ot take a difficult/dangerous terrain test or what?

same as any other time you hit something

4) Is the Defence Line treated as difficult terrain if you wish to cross it or do you just hop across & if you shoot across a Aegis Defence Line does it give the opponent a Cover Save?

No doubt there will be other Queries as we play more games but its disapointing to find so many things not clearly defined.

difficult terrain, though when charging it, you may assult anything within 2 inches of the other side just by being in contact with the line

Your drop zone is somewhere off the table far enough away from the defender's weapons so your drop ship can land safely and disembark the bigger things in your army. The army then drives/marches/slithers/whatever onto the board edge nearest your drop zone.

Defender's deployment is anywhere on the board. Attacker chooses one table edge that non-deepstriking troops enter on. This "drop zone" edge may be what looks like behind the defender's lines. Thats the defender's problem, he should've set defenses up in a circle rather that leaving his rear exposed. After the attacker chooses a "drop zone" edge, the defender may choose to take the 'drop zone denial' strategem if their are enough strategem points available.

No, the rules don't allow for the destruction of an Aegis Defence line.

Again, the rules don't address this obvious issue. I'd say straddle and occur the dangerous terrain test for deepstriking into difficult terrain. Though some would argue it. Thats why Planetstrike, like Apocalypse, should only be played with friends i.e. not competitively.

Yes, think of it as a wall with the additional rules given on pg 18 of Planetstrike.

No doubt there will be other Queries as we play more games but its disappointing to find so many things not clearly defined.

I agree totally. Its something I've ranted about on other forums, and part of why I don't gush over Planetstrike the way many seem to do.

Archived