Chapter tactics in apocalypse?

Hfran Morkai

I've been thinking for a while on Chapter tactics and their uses in Apocalypse. Considering I really like both Kantor and He'Stan I was wondering if I was to say create the Crimson fist first company and a Salamander company would the characters chapter tactics only apply to their representative "army" as it would be several companies drawn together to fight as a whole army.

Is this too gamey? Trying to gain multiple advantages on specific units or would it make sense?

Because if that's the case then I'll just take He'Stan and have a lot of wolves with twin-linked meltas.

I've been thinking for a while on Chapter tactics and their uses in Apocalypse. Considering I really like both Kantor and He'Stan I was wondering if I was to say create the Crimson fist first company and a Salamander company would the characters chapter tactics only apply to their representative "army" as it would be several companies drawn together to fight as a whole army.

Is this too gamey? Trying to gain multiple advantages on specific units or would it make sense?

Because if that's the case then I'll just take He'Stan and have a lot of wolves with twin-linked meltas.

I haven't read the Apocalypse book at all, but I know in basic 40k if you're doing multiple detatchments (as I miagine you might do in a large game like apocalypse) you could have one detatchment under he'stan and the other under Kantor, with each getting the bonus of their respective character.

I haven't read the Apocalypse book at all, but I know in basic 40k if you're doing multiple detatchments (as I miagine you might do in a large game like apocalypse) you could have one detatchment under he'stan and the other under Kantor, with each getting the bonus of their respective character.

That's what I'm kind of hoping because I love both of the Chapters and I think I'll have enough scoring units anyway, it'd just be nice to have some stubborn troops to hold my home objectives whilst the wolves and the Salamanders went for the kill with the sallies getting some twin-linkage. As said if not then it's no real biggie I'm just curious.

I think, though, that you would have to have 1HQ and 2 Troops for each detatchment. I doubt that'd be much of a problem, but you would certainly have to keep track of which squads are which.

I think, though, that you would have to have 1HQ and 2 Troops for each detatchment. I doubt that'd be much of a problem, but you would certainly have to keep track of which squads are which.

Well in my case that'd be pretty simple as they're from three different chapters with obvious colour schemes.

Archived