vehicle explodes!

FF151

Hey Guys,

I want to start incorporating vehicles into 40k but I have a question about "vehicle explodes". The rules state that anyone in the vehicle suffers a strength 3 hit ap-, should that say "wound" instead of "hit?". My point is, ok the vehicle explodes, it hits the model, but how do I know if it wounded it? Am I missing something here?

Thanks

FF

Hey Guys,

I want to start incorporating vehicles into 40k but I have a question about "vehicle explodes". The rules state that anyone in the vehicle suffers a strength 3 hit ap-, should that say "wound" instead of "hit?". My point is, ok the vehicle explodes, it hits the model, but how do I know if it wounded it? Am I missing something here?

Thanks

FF

The model suffers an automatic hit at STR3. That means you skip the "to hit" roll and go directly to rolling to wound, vs. the targets toughness (i.e. S3 vs. a T4 target you would need to roll 5+ to wound, just like shooting).

Armour saves are then taken as normal, as the "weapon" is AP-

EDIT: Oh, and anyone in the vehicle is hit at STR4 (unless the vehicle is open-topped), hence needing 4+ to wound. Anyone within D6 inches or on/in an open-topped vehicle is hit at S3.

Don't forget that if the vehicle is open-topped, such as the Land Speeder Storm, the hit that is dealt to all passangers when the vehicle explodes is reduced to S3, and is still AP-

Archived