Revenge of the Blood Angels

Rob_Loken

Hey there, as I've nearly finished my Codex Marine Force I've turned my attention back to my beloved Blood Angels. They're looking a little creaky and duff these days, poor basing flaking paint, etc etc. So, I have decided that they must be reborn into an awesome fighting force of red awesomeness-ness.

My I present the first effort in the rebirth of my Blood Angels ;

the Devestator Sarg!!

He's the result of an afternoons work, and I'm quite proud of him so far, but I would like some critique on how to make him even better. I've done some highlighting on him but don't know whether to make them more pronounced. I chose the chapter master model because, well, I didn't have any other models lying around. But then Blood Angels are supposed to have ornate armour so maybe it's not such a bad thing.

gallery_25147_3900_70786.jpg

gallery_25147_3900_165579.jpg

gallery_25147_3900_104564.jpg

gallery_25147_3900_152511.jpg

Cheers for looking,

Rob

I really like it, very simple although a bit "robey" for a dev squad don't you think?

when I imagine devastators i think of high practicality massive guns and huge ammo boxes, he just looks a little too.... royal i think.

"insertcoolsmilyhere"

not bad =) the pic is to dark tho think it looks better irl

the only thing i don´t like is the head

don´t fit a blood angel at all theirs no way a blood angel would show his face if it was so damage

hehe perhaps he is getting ahead of himself. He wants to dazzle his enemies with his fancy clothes in lieu of any ranged weaponry.

Sounds like he's a true Blood Angel then. :D ;)

Great work, your red is very classic Blood Angels, with the hint of orange to it that I love. Too much of this new dark red stuff going on nowadays <listen to me grumbling like old man Dante!> :D

Nice work...now finish the rest of the squad. :P

Corpus

I agree about the red though, I did a few test marines using black undercoat and mechrite red and they just didn't seem Blood Angels-y enough. Good for Flesh Tearers but not BA's in my opinion.

Totally, I did the same with some Blood Ravens (a far darker red) and found Mechrite over black is fine but for lighter reds your right. ;)

Corpus

Too true, I used to use Scab Red for Blood Ravens and that seemed ok.

I've done some work on getting the Sarg a squad, his first squad mate is a Plasma Cannoneer. I'm taking John Blanches old pic of the Blood Angels as inspiration and I'm going to add some freehand to the Plasma Cannon such as triangles on the barrel in the picture Plasma Guns were yellow and black so I'm trying to tie it in.

gallery_25147_3900_90322.jpg

gallery_25147_3900_19724.jpg

As you can see he's still very WIP, and he's not as orange in real life it's just the lighting.

Cheers Zeller I sure hope so. :) So I made a bit more progress with my PC Dev, I've given some of the tubing a preliminary blue coat, not sure about blue the because of the helmet but don't want to go down the Boltgun Metal route with the pipes. Does anyone have any suggestions?

gallery_25147_3900_11763.jpg

gallery_25147_3900_140051.jpg

gallery_25147_3900_100761.jpg

Archived