Best use/place for cassius

Titan87

what is the best way to use Ortan cassius? He gives a ridiculous boots to CC termies on the assault and with T6 is immune to all instant death from power fists etc, but with infernus he is also a beast from range. So like the title says what is the best way to use cassius.

As the leader for your DPing assault, OR as the leader for a group of JPless assault marines. He excells at close range combat, and his presence really helps out a SM squad... so I feel hes best used to bolster these units.

I use him as my general HQ choice, since most games I play are in the 1k zone. He packs a lot of punch there, and he's cheap. Right now I'm running him with a 5-man squad of Sternguard in a Razorback; I used to run him with a Terminator squad at this level, but without a Land Raider, they just didn't have the mobility I needed.

Ill just add this.

Cassius due to lack of upgarde options for speed, is best used in a land raider..

If used this way forget terminators, use assault marines of some form, the rerolls want to be used to the greates effect and that means massed attacks (10 assault marines is 31 attacks)

Obviously vanguard would be best as power wepaons with reolls are dangerous (hence the termy advice above) but costs start to spiral if used this way.

Gc08

Cassius is practically made to be fitted in a land raider. There's absolutely no reason to ever take a terminator armor chaplain, mainly due to Cassius being so much better and cheaper in every way.

Anyway, Cassius + JPless assault marines/terminators/honor guard in a land raider = entertainment galore.

I used counts-as-Cassius, 10 Vanguard with 3 Storm Shields, 3 Melta Bombs, THammer, PFist, Relic Blade and Lightning Claw last night. Bit overkill on the initial assault against a seer council (mostly because Yriel had already died to a random Power Fist attack), but mounting back up and taking the Land Raider off towards the enemy walkers drew a lot of fire, probably saving my Vindicator. I won 5-3 overall, but it was closer than it appears as one Tactical Squad had only 2 guys left, while the last attack bike had 1 wound and there were only 3 vanguard left.

Archived