Black Templar

Korlic

I will upload my pictures ASAP, but I wanted to get my thread started.

I am working on an eventual 2500 pt army (hopefully for next years tournaments). So far I am at around 1000 competetive points. By that I mean I have well over 1000 pts worth of marines, but I can competetivly field 1000 points. I will do my best to get pictures of my marines while they are being constructed and painted. I am currently in the process of stripping off older marines that I recieved when I first was starting a SM army. Tomorrow I will be constructing a Trilas Pred when I get home from the Chicago Cubs game with my girlfriend (for the record, I detest the cubs, but she is a huge fan). When I get my pictures up I would love C&C!

Only real comment is that Black Templar (Fluff Wise) Don't use Tac Squad symbols on the rhinos, but its your army. With the skill you showed doing the Tac arrows you could turn them into Templar Crosses Easy and they would look GREAT IMHO of course...

I love the outlining on the rhinos but the first pic, of the predator, looks a bit blue(most likely just the light).

Not knowing much about templars i will ask if their squads need sergeants or if they are just an option? as apart from the mark 6 (i think) shin armour i can't tell any difference between the marines - accept maybe the guy with two white kneepads, maybe you're using that??

Yea, the Pred is due to the light. I am almost done with it, just need to put on transfers and touchup/finish my white painting along with detailing on the lascannons.

Yea that squad is just 5 normal jump troops with meltabombs (I need to decide how to model them on). More pics later.

Here comes my update of my army. This is all of my 1000 point army.

Ill start with my 2 Crusader Squads:

gallery_47618_3911_1201823.jpg

Here is my first squad with their Rhino

gallery_47618_3911_1525739.jpg

And squad number 2 with their Rhino.

Both squads are set up the same, 1 meltagun, 1 power weapon, 1 Neophyte. All the rest as you can see are normal crusdares with CCW and Bolt Pistol.

Some fast anti-tank:

gallery_47618_3911_1412975.jpg

Next up is my Dread:

gallery_47618_3911_726776.jpg

gallery_47618_3911_275039.jpg

This dread was painted a few years ago when I was still playing before my resurgance. It will be using its CCW and Assault cannon to clear out squads and to call attention to itself.

Now my heavy Trilas Pred (Finished pic this time):

gallery_47618_3911_167596.jpg

gallery_47618_3911_1312670.jpg

gallery_47618_3911_230117.jpg

Obvious choice, takes out the heavies.

Now my support crusader squad (Unpainted):

gallery_47618_3911_1284771.jpg

They will be used to support the Trilas and to deal some good amount of damage and sit on a close objective.

Finaly, leading all these troops is my EC:

gallery_47618_3911_902462.jpg

Here are some pictures of the whole army ready for battle:

gallery_47618_3911_246515.jpg

Some notes: A ton of my troops still need to get transfers but I ran out of transfers. My tanks also need some transfers. Hopefully by the end of the week I will finish my support squad and then move on to bases.

Coments welcome!

Really nice clean white there, not so sure I like the extreme highlighting though, always preferred them a little more subtle :HQ:

Cool Templars either way though, sooner or later I'll get round to photographing some of mine for the board to rip to pieces.

Really nice clean white there, not so sure I like the extreme highlighting though, always preferred them a little more subtle :HQ:

Cool Templars either way though, sooner or later I'll get round to photographing some of mine for the board to rip to pieces.

If I was better at blending, especially with black I would do it that way, but with black I prefer doing extreme highlighting, just fits and seems right. The flash also does not help showing, it really picks up the highlights when compared to looking at it in person.

Good work on the templars, but the contrast between the highlight colour and the black is waay too great. From here it looks almost white (It think I mentioned this in another of your threads...) you could still use extreme highlighting, but I would seriously reccomend a a grey of a few shades darker to use for the highlights.

Good work on the templars, but the contrast between the highlight colour and the black is waay too great. From here it looks almost white (It think I mentioned this in another of your threads...) you could still use extreme highlighting, but I would seriously reccomend a a grey of a few shades darker to use for the highlights.

As I mentioned before, the lighting in the pictures really doesnt help out the extreme highlighting. On the battlefield in person its a ton more subtle, still can tell that it is extreme highlighting (which is the style I like) but its not white as it looks.

I finished my heavy support firing squad today. I have pictures but the camera is acting up so I have yet to get them pulled. Im about to start basing... yay (sarcasim, I detest basing). Any other comments welcome.

Archived