WIP Chapter Master

Hal

Been playing around with this guy in-between other projects, take a gander and tell me what you think so far.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1850/masterwip.jpg

With all my work, if anybody wants to know which bitz I used or how I did stuff, just ask.

Also he's going to need arms at some point, so any suggestions on poses/bitz would be great!

To me i get the feeling this model should be "im cool and i got attitude, i dont need to pull a heroic pose to look awsome" So personaly id go with arms and weapons relaxed, or depending on what hes armed with casualy popping shots off with his pistol.

Love the addition of the pouches on the belt! That really helps set off the piee, imho. Also, the gs work is BEAUTIFULLY smooth. I would totally steal this for my Salamanders if I thought I could make an Icon like theirs in the center of the chest.

As for arms... What do you have him equipped with!?

i think he'd look great with a thunder hammer in one hand. and as jester prince said the popping shots with a pistol seems kool.

either helmet him for the faceless killer look or give him an emotionless face so he looks stern and hardened.

your gs is stunning by the way.

swinging a thunder hammer two handed-- either in a downward crushing arc or in an uppercut (of course modelling a poor, unfortunate heretic in either case).

While a helmet makes sense from a modern warfare/believability sense. The idea of a non helmeted head appeals to me more to be honest. Gorgets (neck armor) with a helmet never seem to look right. but if you did some custom greenstuff work- a non helmeted head could look great. Give it a cyber- circlet or whatever you set your mind to.

If you provided info on what chapter this is for, backstory, etc. I would be able to give more ideas.

• 3 weeks later...

gallery_43990_3969_2860.jpg

He has arms! The relic blade is made from a power axe and a plasticard blade.

Here are some fresh shots of his arms in 2 poses.

gallery_43990_3969_10720.jpg

gallery_43990_3969_12143.jpg

The head and arms are magnetised so I can repose him as battlefield fashion dictates.

The great thing about magnets is I can change the arms and poses as needed. I'm going to do a shield/flamer so he can count as He'Stan (I'm going to call him Charlton).

On a side note one of my aims on the B&C was to get a positive comment from Doghouse (always been a fan of his work), looks like I can check that one off the list!

Next aim is to know something about scouts GC08 doesn't, now that's going to be harder...

The great thing about magnets is I can change the arms and poses as needed. I'm going to do a shield/flamer so he can count as He'Stan (I'm going to call him Charlton)

you sir, are officially awesome! :D

Great looking mini btw.

Archived