Grey knight true grit artificer armour question

wizard12

right, my question is if I give my justicar artificer armour, can he still use true grit?

Oh and while I'm on the justicar - artificer armour thing can they take weapons from the weapons section of the armoury as they no longer cont as being in power armour

thanks

Well, "True Grit" only applies the Grey Knights with stormbolter and power armour (C:DH, pg8), so a Justicar (Grey knight) in artificer armour (non-power armour) would not retain the "True Grit" ability.

A Justicar does have access to Artificer armour (C:DH, pg 29), and if equipped with artificer armour may exchange his stormbolter and/or nemesis force weapon for up to two (2) other weapons, only one (1) of which may be 2-handed (C:DH, pg 16).

SJ

Im pretty sure artificer armor is still power armour. Artificer armour is just higher quality and confers a better save due to this, that in mind Id say yes True Grit works with it.

I dunno I guess I see Jeff's point. For another look I checked the SM codex's description figuring it might have a more in depth description and it says that power armour and artificer armour are VASTLY different even though they look similar. That being said I guess Jeff is right but I still think that based off looks and functionality its the same genre of armour and should confer the True Grit ability but thats an opinion not a matter of fact. :P

This is a can of worms. ;)

If you give him AA and lose True Grit (as he no longer is in Power Armour), then Justicars should also be able to purchase any Weapons they want from the Armory (as GK in Power Armour can't).

Along that note, is the GK Storm Shield a Weapon or not? The question of it supplying +1 Attack still came up rcently in the OI Forum, and it either classes as a one handed weapon and does, or it's not a weapon and doesn't. If it's not technically a weapon, can a Justicar in Power Armour purchase it from the armory?

Don't you just love 2 edition out of date Codexes...

I asked this in a post located here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=175628 I was told that the storm shield does NOT confer an extra attack, even though the codex states it is a CC weapon. It confused me thoroughly, but due to mixture of special weapons or something of the sort is why id doesnt confer the attack. Maybe it would for a Just with a power weapon though.

Why are you going to give him artificer armour? He's perfectly fine the way he is. Maybe slap a targeter, or some frags on him (if you've got some spare points), but he's golden as he is. Most squad leaders would kill to have the special rules+wargear that he does. There is just no concievable reason to replace either his storm bolter or NFW, they're just too useful.

Archived