Captain Baerrios

I am probably going to represent it much like the standard model when He is holding his helmet. Just a holster somewhere on the model. Yep only 80%. I have some real life stuff to do and I fear this may be my last mini for a little while. As far as the model being "busy", eh not sure. I see so many "Captains", "Masters" and so on who look like Sgts. No real sense of importance to the model. After scouring the codex many times, plus a sprinkle of my own fluff, I decided that Captains, especially a pretty boy bad arse like Sicarius would need to be properly blinged out. But then again that is my style. Thanks again for watching. Keep it coming....

• 2 weeks later...

I'll admit, it is a tad busy. That said, the model itself is dynamic and reminiscent of the amazing artwork from the 4th edition C:SM codex. This dude just looks like he's tearing it up in the 41st millennium, master of a 100 and all that. I always get testy when people carry on too heavily about WYSIWYG; pistols and grenades can be moderately represented in many cases, and get a similar effect. This is especially true when they're not pivotal to the character's design.

Therefore, I say bravo! Hope to see more work from you in the future, after R/L responsibilities are covered of course. I'm curious what the other guys look like in Cpt. Baerrios' company?

Thanks Vel

Since my chapter's fluff does not call for dedicated scout, veteran or reserve companies, all those positions come from within the battle companies. Since Baerrios' time stranded with a detachment of Space Wolves, His battle tactics have take on a more "risky" nature. Decorated to commemorate his time with and in honor of his Brothers from Fenris, he is know as "The Strike Wolf". His heraldry denotes the fighting wolf as well as the wolf skull and crossbones. As a result, members of the House, Sternguard and the VetSgts all wear the wolf somewhere on their armor.

Squad X = Squad Equian = Terminators apart from the Battle Squads they are seated as part of the Marshal Captains' House. Currently Squad Equian is on an exploratory mission of a Space Hulk. Hint Hint. :)

Squad 1 = Squad Angelus = Sternguard. Angelus became squad VetSgt after Baerrios was promoted to Marshal Captain.

Squad 2 = Squad Dayto (The Myrmidons) = Tactical Squad. VetSgt Dayto is Marshal Captain Baerrios' closest friend. Should a member of Squad Equian fall, Dayto will be inducted to the House. Dayto is every bit the Veteran. He served as a Sternguard, before opting to mold and lead a Tactical Squad. Every member of this squad comes the Estate of Myrmidon, a family famed in the sector for rearing highly skilled and very brave warriors. Usually the first in and last out.

Squad 3 = Squad Marius (The Youngbloods) = Tactical Squad. VetSgt Marius is young and reckless. He reminds Baerrios of the youthful, but deadly Blood Claws he served with.

Squad 4 = Squad Dantes (The Skyhammer) = Vanguard. All are of equal rank and stature within the company. Therefore squad command is rotated. Each VetSgt takes up the mantle of Dantes and the Skyhammer.

Squad 5 + 6 + 7 = Assault Squads = There is no promotion from squad to squad in the Strike Chapter. Assault squads are dedicated. Everymarine has been trained by Squad Dantes

Squad 8 = Squad Alexi = Devastator Squad = Strike employs only one Devastator squad per Company. As a result, the Devastators are highly accurate. This squad prefers all plasma cannons.

Squad 9 + 10= Scouts = All are new novices learning their craft as the Emperor's Finest.

Archived