a question

brothers as you are al aware in i noob to table top warhammer (play it on the comp...).

little did i relise i have to become a 'advocate' while learning this game, but no problems... as i have a great resource selection namely you all.

this week my DA army have had 2 engagments against those dogs of chaos..

with good reusalts.... :)

but what i need to ask u al is about deployment...

hoe do you deploy in friendly/compiti. gammes?

i have been told to do this.

firstly agree army points....

1. roll for game.

2. deployment

3. roll for iniiative...

submit army lists...

then play but do not allow your oppoent too see your army?

how do you guys do normal deployment?

The way I do is there is pretty much one dice roll. The winner is first in everything, sides deployment and turn. However before the first turn roll for initiative, then if there is a moderator he should already have the lists. If not then my army is entirely secret till they get hit with something. Sticking with the rules of wysiwyg. Does this help?

what I was thinking is

before i show my army, lets say a 1500pt

we show our army lists to the value...

we roll for the game, roll for delopment etc.

that way he/she can't see what i have before i deploye..

the reason why I ask this is because i deployed a 1500pt army; abide SW but they were thinking DA, so based on that they used certain units, but i got around what they deployed...

in a later game same pts i deployed my DA army...

i was told by a GW member to start askinjg for army lists when playing, and what army they are using..

but don't let them see what you have...

just woundering what i shoud do and ask....

I just follow it as the rule book dictates.

1. roll to see who places terrain first

the person to say "skip" skips their turn and the other person can put up to one more if they want

2. roll for game type

if game type is seize ground roll another for the amount of objectives

roll again to see who places objective first.

3. roll for deployment type

4. roll to see who goes first

the player can elect to go second, but can't choose side.

during deployment you have to tell which unit is in reserves/outflanking/deep striking/ etc

after deployment setup and all the infiltrate and scout etc the non-starting person can elect to try to steal initiative on a 6.

So due to turn 4, we usually know what's what.

*edit*

due to being new, i would recommend that you guys share your army lists so you can double check the point values and also understand what your opponent's army could have. That way when you play later, you will have an understanding of what a "chaos marine" army can field, etc etc. When you are both comfortable with you own army lists and have a better understanding of your opponent's lists you can play it "secret" cuz you can trust that the army lists are correct points wise and there won't be any "surprises" (things that were misinterpreted or misread etc) and be only surprised by unexpected lists.

In my gaming group we typically show each other our army lists after deployment and prior to the beginning of the first turn. That way the player who deploys first doesn't have the advantage of seeing exactly what he's deploying against, but both players still get to verify their opponents lists prior to beginning the match. The rulebook encourages this kind of disclosure, and it helps avoid errors in list construction (intentional or otherwise).

Archived