GKT and Chimeras

In the DH book it specifically says that Terminators can't fit in rhinos, just like every other codex ever. However, Chimeras don't say that. Can a unit of GKT on foot embark in an empty Chimera (a DH chimera, not an allied IG one)?

I think so on the assumption that if it was prohibited it would say so.

Kind of. GKT's may not ride in DH Chimera due to their older rules regarding dedicated transports; however, they may ride in allied IG and WH Chimera as both follow the current version of the dedicated transport rules and can be available legally in the same list as GKT.

Note: the amount of spaces they take up is up for interpretation, as the BRB provides a general guideline that Terminator models take up two spaces, and then goes ahead and states that vehicle entries will cover which models fit in which why. Again, a case of bad writing rather than poor wording.

SJ

Meh. This is rather like the Valkyries thing.

As a compromise (I think the 'Ard Boyz blanket ban on GKT's in Valkyries was stupid and petty), I'd say they can go inside, but take up two transport slots. Thats a clear and acceptable deal for both sides (you get to stick them in a non-Raider transport, your opponent doesnt have to worry about 10 of them hopping out). This would also be consistent with your own codex, thus avoiding any confusion by either party.

Meh. This is rather like the Valkyries thing.

As a compromise (I think the 'Ard Boyz blanket ban on GKT's in Valkyries was stupid and petty), I'd say they can go inside, but take up two transport slots. Thats a clear and acceptable deal for both sides (you get to stick them in a non-Raider transport, your opponent doesnt have to worry about 10 of them hopping out). This would also be consistent with your own codex, thus avoiding any confusion by either party.

obviously all transports in DH are "Dedicated" so cannot be used by other units but i agree with Darius, if you want to play nice GKT can take up 2 transport spots, RAW though anything which isn't dedicated they can use. Valk GKT's mmm.

RAW though anything which isn't dedicated they can use.

GKT's may not ride in DH Chimera due to their older rules regarding dedicated transports

One unit can use another unit's dedicated transport, they just cannot start the game embarked in it. They can however embark into it during the game. Therefore GKTs could use a DH Chimera.

RAW though anything which isn't dedicated they can use.

GKT's may not ride in DH Chimera due to their older rules regarding dedicated transports

One unit can use another unit's dedicated transport, they just cannot start the game embarked in it. They can however embark into it during the game. Therefore GKTs could use a DH Chimera.

this is not true, DH dedicated transports have specific rules stating that they may only be used by the squad they are dedicated to, one of the archaic rules contained within the hallowed C;DH i'm afraid

this is not true, DH dedicated transports have specific rules stating that they may only be used by the squad they are dedicated to, one of the archaic rules contained within the hallowed C;DH i'm afraid

Is this not superceded by the rulebook?

Codex > rulebook, therefore GKT may not ride in a stormtrooper squad's chimera etc. It's the same with Black Templars, and I believe it was their FAQ that brought this particular ruling to most peoples attention.

As for how many spaces they take up, doesn't the wargear entry for terminator armour in the DH 'dex specifically say they take up two slots? I'm afraid I don't have my codex on me to check but I'm fairly sure it does.

While a Grey Knight terminator squad can't enter a Deamonhunter (or allied Whitch Hunter) chimera, an IC in terminator armor can join a squad and enter that way. Also, if you take allied Imperial Guard, you can ride in their chimeras.

Archived