Crusader vs Redeemer

Br.Pat

Alright, this has probably been discussed before, but after searching the threads I couldn't find one about this.

I've been running this double LR list for the past few games with one normal LR and LRC. However, I've never tried out the Redeemer and was wondering if it's a better choice than the LRC? The LRC has greater versatility, yet the LRR has more firepower where it counts. I believe that tthey are both very good at tackling hordes, with the LRC coming out slightly on top. However I believe that whilst the LRC can only kill 2-4 MEQS per turn if it fires everything it has, the Redeemer can kill much more if it gets in range.

That said, however... the Redeemer needs to get closer to the enemy to do damage which leaves it vulnearable to the Land Raider's greatest fear: the melta weapon.

So... what do you guys think?

Alright, this has probably been discussed before, but after searching the threads I couldn't find one about this.

I've been running this double LR list for the past few games with one normal LR and LRC. However, I've never tried out the Redeemer and was wondering if it's a better choice than the LRC? The LRC has greater versatility, yet the LRR has more firepower where it counts. I believe that tthey are both very good at tackling hordes, with the LRC coming out slightly on top. However I believe that whilst the LRC can only kill 2-4 MEQS per turn if it fires everything it has, the Redeemer can kill much more if it gets in range.

That said, however... the Redeemer needs to get closer to the enemy to do damage which leaves it vulnearable to the Land Raider's greatest fear: the melta weapon.

It depends what you want to do....

first troop transport... do you want over 12 guys (or terminator version of such) if so then LRC is better.

Now you have covered MEQ/grubs and range another important thing is how much cover is on the board also an outflanking redeemer can be fun full of terminators :) also with the redeemer its hard to fire both of you cannons and get the full effect of them unless the enemy is swarming around you.

Personally as an assault craft I prefer the crusader but I guess with lots of terrain the redeemer might be better also a MM is a god option to take on one as you can fire that a near by tanks and what not while getting the PotMS to fire the firestorm which isn't effected by bad BS.

*SNIP*

I think you're lying because there's a long thread about this very topic already in the active threads.

That is abour whether he wants to deepstrike a normal land raider vs a land raider crusader. This is whether to use a redeemer over a crusader. Perhaps it would have been smart to actually read the other thread?

Yes and my LRC has 5 Assault Terminators and Cassius.

That is abour whether he wants to deepstrike a normal land raider vs a land raider crusader. This is whether to use a redeemer over a crusader. Perhaps it would have been smart to actually read the other thread?

Yes and my LRC has 5 Assault Terminators and Cassius.

Maybe you should read the other thread and realise that it has expanded beyond the topic of the original post and become a general discussion of the pros and cons of the three Land Raider variants.

Archived