Chaos Dreadnaught - Ironiclad

Magnus Thane

I'm planning to make a CC orientated Dread. Or a rocketlauncher one.

Either way... i was advised to use the new Ironclad from the SM's and just put some chains/spikey bits on it.

How suitable is that Ironclad anyway? As it does seem a bit odd for a Chaos Dread no? With the stuff on his shoulders and all?

What kind of weapons come with it?

And what with the SM Dread and the Chaos Dread?

I'm planning to make a CC orientated Dread. Or a rocketlauncher one.

Either way... i was advised to use the new Ironclad from the SM's and just put some chains/spikey bits on it.

How suitable is that Ironclad anyway? As it does seem a bit odd for a Chaos Dread no? With the stuff on his shoulders and all?

What kind of weapons come with it?

And what with the SM Dread and the Chaos Dread?

Just give it the CCW and chainfist/hammer and count them both as CCW I think it can also have under slung flamers (heavy) not sure if it has storm bolters (but IMO flamers r better) & meltas although chaos ones don't have meltas... I think...

It could be a dread that has newly gone over to chaos you can file off any symbols you don't like and any extra equipment you can't use thats on it can be for decoration & ofc it has extra armour on it ;)

Without knowing how your army looks and its theme one cannot say but its not out of the question :)

Here is my Night Lords Ironclad that I bought a couple of weeks ago. I think it looks great, has a flamer under its right arm, and a twin linked bolter under the left. I scratched the imperial insignia off the cockpit faceplate. Sorry that it's a bit blurry, I took it with my iphone.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8459/nldread3.jpg

Im not sure about the banner, but otherwise I like it.

That Dread looks pretty good but the only thing that I would do is put some lightning on him to make him look more Night Lordish ;)

agreed, i love how with a minimum of converting the plastic Dreads works really well and don't look bad

at all, and imho look a thousand times better than the metal Chaos Dread...

Grim

That Dread looks pretty good but the only thing that I would do is put some lightning on him to make him look more Night Lordish :lol:

Im still debating whether Im going to do the lightning on my guys. I really like the ghostly dark blue to light blue look Ive got going when theyre all next to each other. For now Ill leave him and see what my finished army looks like :P

Its an idea I have had, and I have also considered using a spare Macey arm from the defiler as a second DCCW.

I tried this on my second dread before I bought the Ironclad. In my opinion, it looks terrible. At first I tried both halves together, and it really stuck out like a sore thumb. Then I tried half, so it was only 3 maces, and while it looked better, it still looked too fake. Then I tried cutting each mace off and repositioning them, and it still looked terrible, so I threw them away and bought the ironclad. Now I have the chainfist arm that comes in the box (as well as the second flamer from the IC) on my original dread, and the fist and hammer on the ironclad like in the pic above.

• 3 months later...

I did one dread with the metal kit, just cut off the las cannon and added the left hand CCW to the right hand side, then attached a termie heavy flamer to it. The other one is a loyalist ironclad kit, with a termie head in front with a bit of green stuff added.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa165/dryafguy/DSCF0253.jpg

Archived