Combat Squad... advanced ruleset.

gettothegone

I don't have the BGB with me as I'm at work, but I have a question.

If I were to have a 10 man tactical squad with a Rhino... I would like to know if the following rules are correct.

I can combat squad them on the table, and put the open 5 units into a Land Raider. (True / False) * I assume True *

I can combat squad them off the table, place the open units into a Land Raider. (True / False) * I assume False given its not dedicated *

Just looking for some rules lawyers to discuss this, or someone with the BGB and the C:SM to point it out.

From what I recall, once a troop is CS'd it acts as its own unit, which means it can climb into any other transport it wants... but can you combat squad them PRIOR to coming onto the table, or do they have to be ON the table.

If you choose to Combat Squad, you have to declare it before deployment.

You can start the second combat squad in a Land Raider providing it isn't a dedicated transport for another unit (ie, if you chose it as a heavy support option). Otherwise they can embark in the first turn.

Units placed in reserve cannot be split into combat squads.

If you want to put a combat squad into a land raider, both combat squads and the land raider would need to be deployed on the table at the start of the game.

Units placed in reserve cannot be split into combat squads.

If you want to put a combat squad into a land raider, both combat squads and the land raider would need to be deployed on the table at the start of the game.

I think it would be more accurate to say that units can not be combat squadded whilst in reserves. Units held in reserve are still deployed when they arrive (BRB pg 94, Rolling for reserves). Given that the option to combat squad is decided when the unit is deployed I can see no reason why this can't be done when a unit is deployed when arriving from reserve.

Transports do not complicate matters as whether the unit is embarked on it or not is decided when the unit and transport is put into reserves (BRB pg 94). So if a Unit is put into reserves embarked on a transport it can only be deployed wirh all the unit embarked in that transport, and as such can not combat squaded, of course drop pods get around this by allowing the option to combat squad when a unit disembarks.

Just remember that two Combat Squads counts as two Troop units for Dawn of War deployment.

I'm not quite sure, I could see it argued that as the splitting simultaintously with the deployment (thus you choose two tac squads as troop choices then combat squad them). The order isnt well defined, and would make a difference.

Just remember that two Combat Squads counts as two Troop units for Dawn of War deployment.

I'm not quite sure, I could see it argued that as the splitting simultaintously with the deployment (thus you choose two tac squads as troop choices then combat squad them). The order isnt well defined, and would make a difference.

Dark Guard is right. Just like putting down 2 squads from one IG platoon count as the two troops, or a squad and their rhino count as the two troops.

They covered that, BRB pg. 92 "Troops and HQ units that can infililrate ,can do so, as long as at the end of depolyment the player still has the maxinum of one HQ and 2 troops units on the table."

you do check just before scout moves.

Dark Guard is right. Just like putting down 2 squads from one IG platoon count as the two troops, or a squad and their rhino count as the two troops.

Yeah that makes sense, could still see it being argued, but your right, its not an equal argument.

Archived