Fleash Tearers!

Grimm Blade

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..........................Perhaps I will stick with only giving the veteran sergeants different coloured helmets then. I know that technically this may not be the exact way of the FTs, but it will be for mine :)

I think if a battle brother can resist the Black Rage for long enough to earn the rank of Veteran in the Flesh Tearers then they deserve some form of recognition <_<

What is the deal with FT death company? Are they marked in the same way as BA DC? All black with red crosses?......................I am starting to like the uber dark theme of my army! It's like I get to stay loyal to the Emperor, rip my enemies limb from limb, drink their blood, and still be considered heroes!! (by some at least LOL) Win, Win, WIN!!!!

GB

DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/GKTerminators/Flesh%20Tearers/002212.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/GKTerminators/Flesh%20Tearers/002213.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/GKTerminators/Flesh%20Tearers/002214.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/GKTerminators/Flesh%20Tearers/002215.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/GKTerminators/Flesh%20Tearers/002216.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/GKTerminators/Flesh%20Tearers/002217.jpg

Fantastic looking mini.

You might want to go over the white again (unless thats a look you're going for) because you can see the black peeking through a little.

Looking forward to see what your gunna do with CM Seth in april.

Awesome Flesh Tearers brother, simply awesome.

Please consider painting the eyes the same colour as the jetpack flames ie Ice blue!

Keep it up, inspiring stuff,

Moz

I am excited to get my hands on the Seth mini! :D

The are that looks like the black is peeking through is actually space wolf grey, I added it because I didn't want a straight white symbol.

As for the eyes.........................I like the green, it seems to be the color used most by BA players, and I want a break from painting blue eyes LOL, all of my GKs have them and the FTs are sort of like my GK respite :D

Thank you for the feedback though.

I have a busy spell coming up at Uni here in the next little while, so probahably not to much in the way of updates for a little while :(

GB

He mentions the weathering towards the end of the first page i think Meracalis! [Edit - Post 13 is where you need to look :confused: ]

Great looking job tho mate, I really like!

Thanks Milmaa

With my Flesh Tearer's paintjobs I am doing my best to find a balance between speed and detail. 1 figure takes me a little over two hours, so they are not that quick I guess :D How long do most of you take to paint a standard marine?

All of the techniques I use are easy to replicate consistantly, so if anyone has any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. I definitely don't have any secret methods that I am keeping to myself ;)

Skin is the next thing I have to think about.............I like the way that GW did Astorath's face. Does anyone have any advice on techniques and/or colours to use to get that "vampire" looking skin?

GB

Turns out I'm painting a vampire for a competition, what i did was start of with Chardon Granite and work it up to Rotting flesh, then mix in a bit of white, wash it with a decent dose of Leviathan Purple and work it back up using the Charadon Granite/Rotting Flesh mix and again add a bit of white. I'l try and get a pic up, cant wait to see more. :P

Heres that pic, if you think its to pale then two things you could try are using dwarf flesh and elf flesh instead of rotting flesh or washing is devlan mud and ogryn flesh (i did that on the arm if you look).

gallery_49580_4687_1199571.jpg

Thats annoying-looking at it now it seems 3 times as neet as it does in the pic... damn technology!!!

Thanks for the pic :P I am thinking that I want a greyer look to the skin though...............

I am glad that the DC are the same for the FTs, that way I won't have to customize those already awesome models to much.

GB

NEVER! Tis the way of the lost Space Wolves great company who have painted there armour red and may or may not be being influenced by chaos and may or may not be the startings of the Blood Ghorgons from 'Emperor's Mercy' for me! ... Try saying that 3 times when your drunk. :ph34r:

Hey man digging your work so far I'm waiting for something of mine to be bought before I can start my FT's But hopefully it should be soon I like them due to their Embracing their brutal ways so mines just gonna be a DC force lead By Seth.

Keep up the good work brother.

A pure DC force should be pretty cool B)

You will probhably have to have some other units in there so that you can hold objectives etc...

I like the idea of a black tide of warriors tearing across the battle field into their enemies though!!! ;)

GB

I may include one or 2 mech RAS for that But its unlikely we hardly ever play anything but Annilation yeah the plan is 15 DC 3 DC dreds and 3 Furisos/libby dreds it will be a purely fun army or something for team games where my teammates can hold objectives and I can kill things

just had a look at the Ba cOdex today, you cant have a force of DC as you can have only one unit, nut they are troops, as is the DC dread (of which you can have 1 for every five DC marines you have), but get this: you start with 3 marines and can add an extra 27 on thats 30 DC in one squad!!! we worked out that 30 DC all with jump packs and power weapons and the chaplain dude is 1650pts ITS ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived