Salamanders 3rd Company

Theodus

These guys are very much a work in progress they aren't done yet but the green is down so thought I'd post them up see what people think and get feedback on them. Because I'm planning them to be 3rd Co. when the Sallies Chapter Symbol is on there it will be painted in a orange hue. Though I'm not confident with my use of transfers so any tips there, I've heard a lot about micro set but not tried it yet, any good?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/ShowBK/DSC00531.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/ShowBK/DSC00539.jpg

Due to taking these photographs at 5am no natural light was available these are the closest representation of the "true" colour. As far as conversions go, my Power Weapon Sergeant has a power hammer. It'll take some explaining but I'm using a power axe with the blade removed and a chaos warriors hammer head. It works well enough, but I'd love to hear other ways of doing it and opinions on the models. Soon to be posted (he says) is a pic of one of my more complete Sergeants (lacks icons and a scenic base).

It's a good start. It's better than I can paint my Salamanders.

With the transfers, have a look here. You'll have to scroll down to a bit past halfway.

Is the Power Weapon/Power Hammer Sergeant the one pictured? Because if it is then it's a Terminator instead.

I've never heard of doing it that way but if you want you can buy the Thunder Hammer Bitz pack, because they're meant to be used with Power Armour.here

No hehe the Termie is an Assault Termie, he's only in the picture as he's one of the most "done" models and has actually got his eye lens painted. The Sergeant isn't done yet. Thats the thing, I don't want the Sergeant to have a Thunder hammer rather a smaller version that acts as a normal power weapon, like a power axe or a power sword but in a symbol or form that seems more Salamander. So it will just ben strength 4 rather than 8. Thanks for the stuff regarding transfers and the positive comments on the colour so far.

Archived