Power Fist in Cover?

That is incorrect. It is the assaulting unit that has it's Initiative lowered to 1, not the defending unit that is raised to 10. See page 36 of the BRB.

So power fists go at the same time as the assaulting unit.

You seem to be using the 4th edition rule set there (perhaps having got one of the old Battle for Macragge books?). In the current rules, it is as LPetersson has stated. For future reference, a powerfist's I1 almost always overrides any alteration of initiative values simply because of the way it is worded.

• 3 weeks later...
You seem to be using the 4th edition rule set there (perhaps having got one of the old Battle for Macragge books?). In the current rules, it is as LPetersson has stated. For future reference, a powerfist's I1 almost always overrides any alteration of initiative values simply because of the way it is worded.

What about furios charge for I1 weapons? Does the I get raised to I2? Which weapons will this happen to and which ones will it not happen to?

What about furios charge for I1 weapons? Does the I get raised to I2? Which weapons will this happen to and which ones will it not happen to?

From Page 42 of the BRB (emphasis added):

Attacks with a power fist are always delivered at Initiative 1 (Ignore Initiative bonuses from special rules, wargear, etc.)

And from Page 36, if a unit is assaulting through cover (as before, emphasis added):

All of its models have their Initiative value lowered to 1 when attacking, regardless of other Initiative modifiers.

The powerfist still strikes at I1. Any weapon which strikes at the models initiative will get the bonus. Any weapon that strikes at a specific initiative value (power fists, thunder hammers, Tyranid bio-plasma attack as well i think?) will be unaltered.

Archived