Marines VS Orks Diorama

I didn't post at the start ebcause I wasn't sure what else would emerge on the battlefield. Turns out it's pretty good :P The flametrail is impressive stuff, along with all the other bits of GS you've done.

Very well done so far. And your marine looks very neat indeed :)

I didn't post at the start ebcause I wasn't sure what else would emerge on the battlefield. Turns out it's pretty good :lol: The flametrail is impressive stuff, along with all the other bits of GS you've done.

Very well done so far. And your marine looks very neat indeed :D

Thanks Hubernator glad I managed to turn you around :lol:

This must be what....4th post today? sorry if its getting annoying, you wont be hearing from me tomorrow probably so you'll have a good break from me!

But last update of the day, the start of the flame and where I am now..

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Miniatures/STP65101.jpg

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Miniatures/STP65106.jpg

Most impressive. This may sound harsh, but I didn't expect the painting to be as good as it is. Very well done.

Also, I don't know if anyone has commented on this yet, but since you are going to so much trouble with the models, I hope you give the surrounding environment as much attention.

Thanks again to everyone for the comments :)

Most impressive. This may sound harsh, but I didn't expect the painting to be as good as it is. Very well done.

Also, I don't know if anyone has commented on this yet, but since you are going to so much trouble with the models, I hope you give the surrounding environment as much attention.

Don't worry its fine, my painting used to eb crap but over the past few months I've been getting better, chekc out my blood ravens in the WIP section, might be a few pages back. And dont worry the enviroment will get attention, i'm just doing the minis first and then the base, i'm figuring out where to put them all first.

nice work so far.a suggestion for later models might be to model the flame a bit wider,and wrap it around a space marine so it looks like he's being "engulfed" by the flame. excellent use of green stuff though for your first time,looks great so far.

I had thought about that but I wasnt going to do as it was my first time using GS and I wanted to do something I felt relatively confident with but I may give it a go next time :D

If i can give you one advice:

Never make a bigger diorama base than absolutely necessary.

I would make the scene smaller and more "balanced"... right now it's a bit too much chaos and i don't know where to look at.

Maybe it would help to make two "fronts"...

Marines on the one side, Orks on the other and in the middle is the battle....

Archived