Do you have to model narthecium on the apothecary?

thade

I'm thinking "No" since the apocathary isn't an upgrade (he's part of the unit) and the narthecium isn't an upgrade (it's part of his wargear)...so my hope is I can just take a spare marine and paint him/model him up like an apocathery. This sound okay?

(I am full of questions today.)

Yup, you can even make a nerthecium urself quite easily, take a powerfist and glue on some tube looking and drill looking plastic scraps!

Isn't that part the reductor? Or are they both housed in the same piece of gear? I can't say I would like pain relieve distributed through a large drill/bolt...

Yup, you can even make a nerthecium urself quite easily, take a powerfist and glue on some tube looking and drill looking plastic scraps!

Isn't that part the reductor? Or are they both housed in the same piece of gear? I can't say I would like pain relieve distributed through a large drill/bolt...

I believe both are housed in the same item. As for the pain relief, if you're missing half your arm, a sudden chest wound does wonders to take your attention away from the pain of missing half your arm. :D

You're still a space marine under that armor, anything less than a large drill/bolt isnt likely to get through your skin/bone/carapace.

Indeed painting the guy white or partly white (ie the right shoulderpad) seems the minimum visual requirement without needing to model all the bit'n'bobs that goes with him – that way both you and your oppponent don't forget he's there – which is something I do with my own frequently :D

On the Apoth's kit – it's interesting to note that the Reductor plays no part rule-wise in C:SM, but still performs a valuable rôle in the DA Codex.

Cheers

I

Archived