Yep, once I get the clean sections all finished I'll be doing ones that are damaged and some alien infested pieces. But i have to finish the all core piecs first, which is getting close. Moulds will be made available shortly.

I'd forgetton to post this earlier it's a WIP shot of the corner section

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac95/3dhulk/newtile20.jpghttp://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac95/3dhulk/newtile21.jpg

So the lazy ones like me will be able to buy these from you?

Been following this for a while and i must say it is a really fantastic peice can't wait to see it finished

(Computer viruses are a major pain i have had to Format the computer 3 times because something gets in and wrecks the computer and no anti-virus software could find them argh)

I remember using tezzajw's Tau rules to fight Marines vs. Tau in Space Hulk.

The marines took one casualty killing ten Fire Warriors and nine Kroot, and then lost the other four Terminators to the last Kroot.

It was awesome. :rolleyes:

Had you considered casting these pieces?

The Standard SH sections are already finished? WOW cool!

Pls post a group pic when everything is casted, this must look great, i cant wait to see it.

The idea of Tau sections is great in my opinion! Very fluffy.

Just imagine, Tau Cruiser XVL 5241 on its way to Ta´lak. Captain Kor´vol´O sits in his comand chair noticing no peril to his ship and crew. Suddenly a flash and a THING the size of a small moon appears in front of 5241´s prow. Kor´vol´O shouts orders to evade the hulking mass but its to late nothing can avoid the crash now. Then another flash, space is empty again and no visual trace of what happend left.

30 min. later a radior Tower on Ta´lak recieves the following transmission:

"""Distress Call: Cruiser XVL 5241 positi ....................................................................................................

..........................................................................................

................................................ ~ SIGNAL LOST ~

cya

The mixed ship idea would be very cool, you could try and mash the ships together. So have the hulls of the two ships crumpled together with breaches in them where you cross into the other ship and out the other side. That could be done as a seprate add-in section if you so wish to add some flavour to the battle/mission map....if you know what I mean.

So to say that the Tau ship crashed head long into the ship of the Imperium and dug in, causing all sorts of damage. That in itself would create a fairly cool mission. Tau in search of survivors and recoverable tech, SM's in search of tech and kill the survivors, and the genestealers in search of food.

Least to say hen you have these moulds ready to buy and ship, I'm first in line. Not that I'm lazy or anything. :devil:

I'm getting expensive thoughts of covering my 6ft by 4ft table in one massive hulk map for really huge games.

Anyways, looking great, keep it up.

Always being obsessed with minor details I did some digging around to see if i could find materials that'd be really close to the actual hulk floortiles. I came across some sytrene and some photoetched stuff that I think is almost a dead ringer, these are set to the actual scale and holding the hulk tiles up to it the patterns look very close in size. I couldn't find a triple diamond pattern as they seem to be in patterns 1,2, or 5.

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac95/3dhulk/etched.jpg?t=1253165170

Do you have links to the place that has that last patern? I've been looking for it in train and hobby shops since Space Hulk came out.

Loving the Tau themed halls as well. Though, I would expect them to be rounder and less angular with doors that look more at home on Hobbit Holes :P

This is very cool indeed, those shots you posted of a mockup look great. Do all of the pieces interlock at all? I just see an errant hand shifting the whole board if they cant somehow be tied together, or perhaps you are just less clumsy than I am =)

Archived