Dreadnoughts and Fleet

McFisty

I searched several times for a previous post on this topic but found nothing on it so please forgive me if this topic has already been discussed.

I am curious if having Shrike in my army list also gives fleet to dreadnoughts? Since dreads are walkers and can run during the shooting phase then it would seem that they should be allowed to fleet when using Shrike. The rule as written under Shrike's profile says that all units in your army get fleet and then in the next sentence says, like all chapter tactics do, that combat tactics are exchanged for chapter tactics. Dreadnoughts do not have combat tactics since they have no leadership characteristic. Does that mean that they never get the fleet option when Shrike is on the board? This also matters for Vulkan and his ability to make multi-meltas and heavy flamers twin-linked. Since dreads do not have combat tactics then it seems they can not gain any of the chapter tactics from any special character.

How should I interpret this rule for my dreadnoughts? Thanks in advance.

McFisty

Dreadnoughts do not have combat tactics, so they don't gain chapter tactics, so no fleet.

Vulkan works differently, so yes dreads gain his ability.

Archived