this came out

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa128/grobzak/DSC_3828.jpg

i am realy glad how it came out

bits used

1space marine torso

2 berzerker axes

berzerker legs, backpack, arm & plasma pistol

and 1 orc arm

It is a nice model and certainly an effective conversion but it just isn't enough to be Khârn. It needs to be more (kh)ornate, and more battle damaged. Gorechild is also specifically a single bladed chainaxe.

I like it overall though and would suggest doing the whole squad like this and just having a really nice re-posed and converted zerker squad.

no blood, no Khârn nuf said.

Quite what I was thinking lol. 2 things make a special character recognisable- his head and his weapons. If you had of used Gorechild, his head and the plasma pistol, as well as a more ornate chest piece, this would hands down be an amazing Khârn mini. As is, it makes a good skull champion, or a fairly decent lord(he'd be perfect for a lord if the chest had more detail).

errr... if i could just point out in my, humble, loyalist opinion....it's not painted. So how can there be blood?

Just, ye know, sayin. Its a nice conversion, but seeing as to me Khârn is jsut another red guy to shoot with my Leman Russes,I can't comment fully. That and I'm not a great fan of the proper model. Too garish.

errr... if i could just point out in my, humble, loyalist opinion....it's not painted. So how can there be blood?

Just, ye know, sayin. Its a nice conversion, but seeing as to me Khârn is jsut another red guy to shoot with my Leman Russes,I can't comment fully. That and I'm not a great fan of the proper model. Too garish.

You can model blood onto it <_<, also some WE players like to actually paint their models in their own blood....

the chest is kinda bare because i wanted to paint leering faces on it

and i said ity is a count as karn it will be for my own traitor warband

but i will get it painted ASAP

andi think tat Khârn doesn't need much ornaments because common it khorne!

Nice idea with the faces, but to make the mini stand out as a special character, it just needs some more... well, character. If it's just a counts-as, it doesn't even need the bunny ears. A possessed head or something more unique would help it look less like an ordinary berzerker.

A little more decoration would really help, I've always liked the skulls on chains, if you know someone who collects Orcs and Goblins then black orcs have a fair few heavy chains with skulls on that could be used, or I believe the Chaos Terminator Lord has some chains that you could convert to have skulls on. Also I'm not sure what's going on with the base at the moment, but adding a more interesting base, particularly rasing his height slightly will help him stand out, finally a good paintjob and I think he could work as a counts-as.

yes i have collected orcs and i dont have mych bits left because i did a non-powered armourd diorama

but i have painted a aspiring champion and made 3 more berzerkers

which i will update tomorrow

with the awsome power of treadomancy

i declare this tread re-vived

so on to the pictures

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa128/grobzak/DSC_3825.jpg

C&C appriciated

Archived