Assaulting a laandspeeder that just deepstriked.

Kiour_gr

Hello,

1.Does a Landspeeder that deepstriked count as moved?

2. if I assault with a deamon prince a L. speeder, what will I need to roll to hit?

In case that it did not move all is fine I hit it automaticly.

3.In case it did move and I need 6s to hit and manage to imobilize it does it get destroyed?

4.If assault I with a deamon the L.S from the back or side (Staying out of its 180 view) and imobilize it, can it still shoot the deamon prince on the next turn? How do you determine the angle of the weapons on such vehicles?

Thank you.

Land speeders that deep struck count as moving all-out according to a recent FAQ. So, you need 6s to hit and immobilized destroys it.

The fact that what assaulted the speeder is a demon prince is irrelevant.

I do not believe land speeder weapons are turret mounted, so they should have a 45 degree fire arc. If you are behind an immobilized speeder it should not be able to shoot you.

I do not believe land speeder weapons are turret mounted, so they should have a 45 degree fire arc. If you are behind an immobilized speeder it should not be able to shoot you.

But since it'd be dead that is irrelevant anyway ;)

But since it'd be dead that is irrelevant anyway :lol:

In normal circumstances (moving less than flat out), it is possible to immobilize and not destroy a speeder.

Which FAQ? The BRB clearly says that deepstriking vehicles count as moving as cruising speed...

If my memory is correct, codex space marines FAQ says speeders count as all out when deep striking.

I can't find that faq on their website, so perhaps it has been removed. Maybe they realised it was a bad answer.

BRB pg. 95 under Deep Strike, “In that turn’s Shooting phase, these units can fire (or run) as normal, and obviously count as having moved in the previous Movement phase. Vehicles count as having moved at cruising speed.”

So upon arrival from Deep Striking: Landspeeders are Fast vehicles so they may fire one weapon within their 45o arch of forward fire (I don’t think any of their weapon options count as Defensive). Transported models (i.e. LS Storm) may not fire, pg 66 but may disembark.

In the following turn, enemy units may shoot at them normally (i.e. no 4+ cover save from moving Flat Out) and if assaulted they are hit on 6’s. They suffer Immobilized damage results as normal. That only changes to Wrecked if they move Flat Out.

I think that sums it up. -OMG

Archived