Sons of Orar Sergeant

verpine

Hey guys,

This is my first WIP so here it goes :D . I'm mostly doing it because if I get too lazy you guys can...uh... remind me to work on it! I got a bunch of masters of the chapter from my friend with extremely thick black primer on them, so after cleaning this one up and priming it I began painting it. I took ideas for the red from a lot of people, like Cosmic Castaway, Pig of Sparta, and Ashen-Shugar. Thanks :P

So... a WIP is nothing without pics:

gallery_37830_3960_158451.jpg

gallery_37830_3960_167519.jpg

(sorry for mediocre pics :P )

I'm not the best painter but I think the gold turned out pretty nice and the pics make it look even nicer (don't hear that a lot!).

Obviously I haven't put on a head or weapons yet, I'll put up pics of what I was thinking of using later.

The problem I have right now is that the red is pretty dark, the pics make it look brighter than it is. Any ideas on how to lighten it up?

Thanks, Ashen. I'll have to go buy some though.

For the cloak I'm going to paint the inside khaki, and the outside black. Pig of Sparta did his that way and it turned out great.

What do you guys think of the gold rivets? I'll have better pics (hopefully!) when I get a bit farther...

Also, how do you paint khaki over black?

Thanks, Ashen. I'll have to go buy some though.

For the cloak I'm going to paint the inside khaki, and the outside black. Pig of Sparta did his that way and it turned out great.

What do you guys think of the gold rivets? I'll have better pics (hopefully!) when I get a bit farther...

Also, how do you paint khaki over black?

I'd recommend basecoating Khemri Brown and working up from there.

I like them but i think that with a leviathan purple wash they could be even better :) .

I love the leviathan purple to make metals ;)!

Ok, update time. Just worked on a few details, like gems and purity seals and whatnot:

gallery_37830_3960_97913.jpg

gallery_37830_3960_144061.jpg

I know, the second pic is really bad this time. Maybe I'll use my dad's fancy camera next time.

C&C welcome.

Ok guys, it's time for an update.

I didn't give up on my sergeant, he's coming along nicely. A bit better pics this time!

Here they are:

gallery_37830_3960_285193.jpg

Note the stripes on the chainsword. I always thought those looked awesome.

gallery_37830_3960_26941.jpg

You can see the sons of orar symbol behind the... wings. Not bad, huh?

gallery_37830_3960_218089.jpg

Front view. The head is NOT glued in place. Like the eyes?

gallery_37830_3960_297077.jpg

Back view. Did some shading on the cloak.

C&C welcome and much appreciated.

Archived