Wargear and death

glayvin34

So my buddy and I came across this issue this past weekend, if the unit carrying your teleport homer/ locator beacon is eradicated, does the homer/ beacon still function? We looked around in the book, and couldn't figure out if wargear still has an effect after death.

Generally, once the model dies its wargear has no more effect.

I would suppose you're right, if the standard-bearer dies then no one is rerolling their pinning tests any more. Our discussion revolved around the idea that a teleport homer or locator beacon is activated at the beginning of the battle so death of the bearer wouldn't have any impact.

If the standard bearer dies, no one sees the standard, if the Apothecary dies, no one can use the narthecium. But if the sarge with the beacon dies, the beacon is still there, flashing away. This is splitting hairs, though. For simplicity's sake I guess the wargear is useless if the unit dies. Otherwise would a DP's beacon still work if it's wrecked but not destroyed? Or would you roll to see if the beacon still works? Too complicated, I guess.

I would think in that case the rules would specify that the Beacon was active at the start of the game and also that the Beacon would be an option for the squad, not just the individual Sergeant.

Archived