Drop Pod as victory point?

Sir_Cosme

in a recent game of anihiliation the following argument arose: since Drop Pods are immobile vehicles, at the end of the game they count as immobilized and thus award a Victory Point to my opponent. I dont think thats right. On one hand it seems completely unfair to have a dedicated transport that awards my opponent one VP just for adding it to my list, without requiring him to do anything to it. And second, being a complete rules-lawyerer here, the rules say that immobilized vehicles count as a VP, meaning a movable vehicle that is not moveable anymore, whereas an immobile vehicle wasnt actually immobilized :(

whats your opinion?

pg 69 Codex Space Marines; ... and counts in all respects as a vehicle that has suffered an Immobilized damage result....

Yes, drop pods are automatic VPs in annihilation games, but, as a Space Marine player myself, the advantages well supersede the disadvantage of a VP.

So does GW expect an all-pod list so so badly wipe the floor with all comers in VP games that such a handicap is necessariy, or is this just a case of a poorly-written rule?

They give 18 Victory Points yes, but they give 0 Kill Points until they are completely destroyed. Annihilation games use Kill Points, not Victory Points, so it would not have given up any points. No games use Victory Points any more, unless you choose to do so.

It's not poorly written. It's the cost of deepstriking your entire army.

Archived