Deathwatch Kill Teams

Shok

I have a question regarding Deathwatch Kill Teams.

Now, to give you an idea the last time I played a game of warhammer was atleast 2 years ago. My question is whether Deathwatch Kill Teams are still legal to use in armies and whether the special rules given to them in White Dwarf (issue 305 I think) are still viable. And also, whether the kill teams are allowed to be used with the Black Templars chapter as I have read that they are not.

I currently have a 5 man Deathwatch Kill Team fully converted.

Now, to give you an idea the last time I played a game of warhammer was atleast 2 years ago. My question is whether Deathwatch Kill Teams are still legal to use in armies and whether the special rules given to them in White Dwarf (issue 305 I think) are still viable.

I think they've not been updated to reflect recent changes so would regard them as non-viable. I'm not sure of the official position of this though but would imagine it's pretty much the same.

And also, whether the kill teams are allowed to be used with the Black Templars chapter as I have read that they are not.

From memory, officially no Chapters with their own 'special Codex' could take Deathwatch - only Codex Astartes chapters. So that meant no Deathwatch for the DA for instance ^_^.

At the moment they are not officially usable. You can really only use the rules if your opponent will let you.

Their rules have been for the most part replaced by sternguard and Deathwatch make a good representation of them.

As for being used with the Black Templars the first printing of the Deathwatch rules didn't allow them to be used with chapters that had their own codex. Later printing of the rules changed this though.

As for being used with the Black Templars the first printing of the Deathwatch rules didn't allow them to be used with chapters that had their own codex. Later printing of the rules changed this though.

Make sure the DW Kill-team is lead by a Captain and not the other far more foul psyker sort of leader...

Archived