Dreadnoughts & cover from Drop pods

Technoscream

Couldn't find this using the search.

I have just received my first drop pod as a birthday gift. I plan to use it to drop in both infantry and dreadnoughts during different games. While I'm sure infantry could gain cover from a drop pod, due to line of sight being blocked by the harnesses and internal equipment, What im not sure of is would a dreadnought get cover since I guess to fit in there most of the internals/harnesses wouldn't have been in there?

Also - another thought, when a pod lands with a dread in, would there be any need to open more than one of the doors?

Thanks in advance

Couldn't find this using the search.

I have just received my first drop pod as a birthday gift. I plan to use it to drop in both infantry and dreadnoughts during different games. While I'm sure infantry could gain cover from a drop pod, due to line of sight being blocked by the harnesses and internal equipment, What im not sure of is would a dreadnought get cover since I guess to fit in there most of the internals/harnesses wouldn't have been in there?

Also - another thought, when a pod lands with a dread in, would there be any need to open more than one of the doors?

Thanks in advance

Normal vehicle rules apply, so if 50% of the dread is blocked you get cover, elsewise no, so it depends on exactly where your dread and the enemy is positioned in respect to the drop pod.

As far fluff goes the pod lands and blows all the hatches. But for gameplay hatches, ramps, and the such are are to be ignored completely so it realy doesnt matter, some people even glue the hatches shut all the time (less to paint at least). This can sometimes lead to some LOS arguments so best to have a small chat with your oponent as it could be construed as "modeling for advantage"

Archived