Drop Pod Disembarkation

Muctar

Interesting little thing I'd like to hear people's opinions on. When disembarking from a drop pod you need to have all models with at least a part of their base within 2" of an access point. Question is, where does the access point begin? Is it the hull, namely where the door meets the base of the pod when open? Or would you be able to measure from the fins? The issue here is that is if someone considers the fins they can easily deploy an extra inch (if not more) away from the pod when compared to to someone who considered the hull the access point. This difference in deployment, for example, can be the difference between 10 sternguard rapid firing, or not shooting at all. I figure that makes it important to figure out before a disagreement ensues.

This has come up before Deploying from pods, how far?. This is a grey area and consists of the conflict of several rules:

• that of measuring distances from a vehicle (ie from the hull);

• what is considered "decoration" (ie are drop pods doors decoration and therefore not counted for measuring purposes);

• and the rule for disembarking from an open-topped vehicle (ie disemabarking with 2" of 'any part of the vehicle').

However the general consensus then was that you measure from the hull and ignore the lowered hatches.

[Edit: unless anything new comes up here – this will be added to the Grey Area topic stickied at the top].

Cheers

I

I would just like to clarify that when I mention the fins of the drop pod I do not mean the doors after they have been deployed. What I mean is the smaller fins which run vertically up the pod to the turbine and stick out about an inch. I consider the deployed doors (petals in the other thread) to be decoration and should have no affect on gameplay whatsoever (i.e. not difficult terrain, cannot be shot at if only deployed door can be seen, ect.) This makes the deployment options much closer to the hull, but still can have a discrepancy of a few inches between hull or fin deployment.

I would just like to clarify that when I mention the fins of the drop pod I do not mean the doors after they have been deployed. What I mean is the smaller fins which run vertically up the pod to the turbine and stick out about an inch.

OK apologies misread your post. I'd consider the fins to be decoration so not counting for measuring purposes.

I would just like to clarify that when I mention the fins of the drop pod I do not mean the doors after they have been deployed. What I mean is the smaller fins which run vertically up the pod to the turbine and stick out about an inch.

OK apologies misread your post. I'd consider the fins to be decoration so not counting for measuring purposes.

This one.

Archived